Weird message on ADAM Computer with f18a

Coleco ADAM f18a

4 replies to this topic

#1 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 4,190 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:37 PM

OK, so I just installed an f18a on my ADAM a couple of days ago and it worked great...until I put my ADAM back together today and now when I turn it on I get this screen. Any ideas? I'm not looking forward to tearing the thing apart again!!!

f18a screen.png

#2 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• 26,215 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:43 PM

That means the F18a is working but not communicating with the Adam for some reason.

#3 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,190 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 PM

OK, thanks...guess I'll just have to take it apart...maybe the cable pulled loose a little.

That means the F18a is working but not communicating with the Adam for some reason.

#4 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,190 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 PM

Problem Solved!!!

Some dummy plugged something into the side expansion port upside down. That apparently was the cause. I flipped the cable over and now it works. And I have marked for future reference what side is the top and what side is the bottom.

#5 matthew180 OFFLINE  

matthew180

River Patroller

• 2,383 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:01 PM

Just for reference for others who might have similar problems, when you see that screen it means the F18A is powered and not in reset.  However, the host system has not tried to set up the VDP yet, i.e. has not written to any VDP Registers or VRAM.  Some possible causes:

1. The host system is in reset or did not power-on properly.

2. The F18A is not fully seated in its socket.

3. Something else is affecting the normal operation of the system (bad or incorrectly seated cartridge / module, cables not plugged in correctly, etc.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coleco ADAM, f18a

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users