Photo

RS232 Flash Disk

4 replies to this topic

#1 Meddler OFFLINE  

Meddler

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:43 AM

Hi all, I found this and wondered if anyone has any experience with using it?

I do not have PEB or Drives but I do have RS232 so would this be any good as mass storage i.e programmes etc.?

"A portable, compact and high performance USB Flash Disk W/R controller with aluminum alloy housing. With RS232 port provided, you can easily do operations to USB flash disks, such as view USB flash disk’s information, write to or read files, delete folders, modify the directory, etc., by writing commands on PC via UART communication software. Set by corresponding commands, this controller can also be used as a data logger for logging data at a specified period in many applications, such as weather station recording, soil moisture level recording and so on."

http://www.ebay.co.u...loAAOxyoVZTKPT8

#2 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 2,345 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:17 AM

Looks like 9600 baud defualt but other problem software to format it?

#3 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,527 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 AM

Cool device! Looks like it it controlled using AT commands which I assume will be detailed in the manual. Should be easy to connect to it via any terminal program on the TI. I am intrigued by the data logging possibility for my wireless weather station project as I could have that device connected to the 2nd RS232 port and use RXB to save the data to it. My initial thought for data logging was using the AMS card since RXB supports it directly, but this would be more practical as I could easily transfer the files to my PC for further processing. Very tempting...

Edit: I bought it. It's free economy shipping to the US from England and under $30. Should make for some interesting experimentation.

#4 Meddler OFFLINE  

Meddler

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 AM

Cool device! ...

Edit: I bought it. It's free economy shipping to the US from England and under $30. Should make for some interesting experimentation.

:D Suckered! Thanks, I look forward to hearing your assessment; my question is going to be answered in full! I tried to find some detail but it would appear that it is no longer supported as the company has diverged it's product line. At the price, I too was tempted but I am still awaiting another gizmo from China before I decide.

Good luck.

• RXB likes this

#5 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 527 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:28 AM

Cool device! Looks like it it controlled using AT commands which I assume will be detailed in the manual. Should be easy to connect to it via any terminal program on the TI. I am intrigued by the data logging possibility for my wireless weather station project as I could have that device connected to the 2nd RS232 port and use RXB to save the data to it. My initial thought for data logging was using the AMS card since RXB supports it directly, but this would be more practical as I could easily transfer the files to my PC for further processing. Very tempting...

Yes, let us know if the manual is good and has the needed information to use this device. I would like to try one too.

• RXB likes this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users