if the marty deal falls through im in.

#27 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,591 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 4:31 PM

if the marty deal falls through im in.

I just resumed the transaction, if it fails to close I'll get in touch.

Just for everyone interested the FM Towns Marty package would be around 10lb in a 12"x12"x16" box, I got a quote from UPS and it appears it's around 40US$ + another 7 or 8 to have full insurance for 400US$, so we are talking ~50US$. A smaller box may work (maybe a 10" in height suffices) and it seems it's a few bucks cheaper, anyway it is what it is I will update the thread if I get to finalize the sale.

#28 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,591 posts

Posted Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 PM

TRAGEDY .... THE FM TOWNS MARTY does not work properly. it did until last time I tested a few months back (like end of Feb or something).

It's weird as it reads floppy and cds just fine, the sounds are there, the built-in menu works, hi res images are fine too but in-game sprites are all messed up. I tried a few games all with the same results, fine with static images, but messed up sprites (on a correct background no less). Even the embedded start animation has issue, the star-field is there but the bouncing sprites are a mess. I guess the damage may vary in effect by game.

It can be bad caps or a faulty mem chip (somehow this to me seems more likely), dunno, needless to say it's not in sellable conditions ...... when it rains it pours really, now that I finally have a buyer the bloody thing decides to act up on me ... unbelievable.

EDIT: the member paid before checking the update on the "non sellable" conditions, I refunded him obviously (just here for future reference, no funny business)

#29 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,591 posts

Posted Sun May 28, 2017 11:42 AM

FYI: ordered the replacement DRAM chip for the FM Towns Marty sprite RAM .... let's see if it will fix it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NES, Famicom, FM Towns Marty, Jap SMS + Paddle

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users