Photo

AT Games Intellivision Flashback 2 coming this fall..........

intellivision flashback intv fb2 AT Games

15 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 645 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 PM

https://www.facebook...40030559394446/

from

Michael Thomasson

Okay, I can finally spill the beans on this project. AtGames is releasing a second Intellivision Flashback this fall and it will have the games you want by Data East (Burgertime, Lock 'n Chase, Bump 'n Jump, etc.) as well as the TRON games, and more!  "

Attached Thumbnails

• at games intellivision fb2.jpg

Edited by Arenafoot, Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 PM.

#2 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Swingin' Space Reporter!

• 7,474 posts
  • Let's Dance!

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 PM

Neato! In for one of those!!

#3 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Swingin' Space Reporter!

• 7,474 posts
  • Let's Dance!

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 AM

Our man on the inside says "maybe."

http://atariage.com/...read/?p=3722552

#4 ho11ywood885 OFFLINE  

ho11ywood885

Space Invader

• 25 posts
  • Member of the Intellivision Brotherhood

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 PM

Oh man, what excellent news! If it's got Burgertime & the TRON games.....I might just buy two! I wonder if the Intellivisionaries will have an interview with Keith on the next podcast.

#5 TrekkiELO OFFLINE  

TrekkiELO

Moonsweeper

• 291 posts

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:34 PM

I'm also hoping that Loco-Motion will be on an Intellivision Flashback 2 since AtGames now has a history with Konami, then also the Activision and Imagic from Intellivision Rocks!

:cool:

Edited by TrekkiELO, Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:37 PM.

#6 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 PM

I know that there has been a lot of speculation about whether or not AtGames would actually do another Intellivision flashback.  Hopefully this news proves to be true and that they greatly expand the game line up, like around 80 or so.  Also, I think it would be cool if it is molded after the Intellivision 2.  Definitely I look forward to hearing more news about this this unit soon.

#7 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Swingin' Space Reporter!

• 7,474 posts
  • Let's Dance!

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:39 PM

Also, I think it would be cool if it is molded after the Intellivision 2.  

That unit looked neat at the time (less empty air, etc) but brings back memories of all the games labeled NOT FOR USE WITH INTELLIVISION II, which doesn't inspire consumer confidence

Intellivision%20Donkey%20Kong%20by%20Col

#8 Atari PAC-MAN Fan OFFLINE  

Atari PAC-MAN Fan

Star Raider

• 65 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 PM

I'm only considering buying one if it has a SD card slot. I have been DYING to play all of those Intellivision homebrews. :-o

#9 OldSchoolRetroGamer OFFLINE  

OldSchoolRetroGamer

River Patroller

• 4,928 posts
  • aka MaximumRD !

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:06 PM

An SD card slot would certainly be awesome but after buying the first my criteria is:

1. Good lineup of titles

2. Proper backwards compatible controller out of the box as was intended with the original, They have had enough time now. 

unless those two conditions are met I will pass until they release one that meets those requirements, same goes for future Colecovision Flashbacks. Oh and also I need to be working again to have extra monies for such indulgences  :grin: 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer, Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:08 PM.

#10 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 PM

That unit looked neat at the time (less empty air, etc) but brings back memories of all the games labeled NOT FOR USE WITH INTELLIVISION II, which doesn't inspire consumer confidence

Intellivision%20Donkey%20Kong%20by%20Col

True, but I don't know if that would be too much of a deal-breaker nowadays.  You never know though.

#11 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Swingin' Space Reporter!

• 7,474 posts
  • Let's Dance!

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:29 PM

Seems to me that if you remember Intellivision, you remember that, and if you don't remember, you look on Wikipedia and see that. :-)

#12 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,195 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 PM

Back then, Coleco had a reputation of making bad Intellivision games. At the time I didn't know about the lockout but it wouldn't have made any difference to us.

#13 Atari PAC-MAN Fan OFFLINE  

Atari PAC-MAN Fan

Star Raider

• 65 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:11 PM

Back then, Coleco had a reputation of making bad Intellivision games. At the time I didn't know about the lockout but it wouldn't have made any difference to us.

I don't know if this is true of not, but supposedly Coleco made the Intellivision versions of their games bad on purpose so that you would instead by a Colecovision. When Mattel released their Intellivison 2, they specifically designed it to be incompatible with Coleco games. When Mattel was asked why they did not work in the Intellivision 2, they said that they weren't sure, but later admitted the truth. However, later Coleco by passed the problem with their later games. (Such as Donkey Kong Jr.)

#14 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,195 posts

Posted Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 PM

I doubt Coleco directed programmers to make bad games. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Intellivision Donkey Kong programming contract was significantly smaller than the Colecovision DK contract. I don't know who the programmer was but there is a learning curve when working on a new system for the first time. I'm sure their second game was better.

#15 carlsson OFFLINE  

carlsson

River Patroller

• 3,829 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:54 AM

Perhaps then AtGames should skip the Intellivision Flashback 2, and go directly to Intellivision Flashback 3, modelled after the System /// console?

#16 FOX2600 OFFLINE  

FOX2600

Space Invader

• 44 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:49 PM

TRON? I'm sold. :-D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intellivision, flashback, intv fb2, AT Games

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users