IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback 2?

mr_intv

How would control work on a portable intellivision flashback? Hmm.

Build up an Intellivision controller with battery in the back, and a screen on top. Make it brown plastic and shiny gold trim if you want the full 1970s look, or update it with silver and black.

200px-Intellivision-Controller.jpg

You'd need a disc-type control, of course. Put it on the bottom where it belongs.

Add 4 Side buttons for "fire" functions.

The numeric keypad could remain buttons with slide-in overlays, or could be a cheap resistive touchscreen so the background would change with the game being played. It could have 12 little pips on the surface so you could feel all the keys by touch.

At the top, slap on a little LCD screen as a monitor. Provide AV out via mini-HDMI so you could output to a television.

Alternatively, this could all fit in something the size and shape of a Nintendo 2DS, too. That thing is cheap and could be made even cheaper if it didn't have all the extra features. I would be all over an eShop release of an Intellivision collection for 3DS, and I would think plenty of people here would like physical media.

The DS/2DS/3DS format is really unusual, but very well suited to this kind of thing with multiple, changing inputs and a single big display.

post-2410-0-59763000-1490300334_thumb.png

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with that equation. Please clarify.

(x, y :- A u B; x != y) x^2 - y^2 >= 0

The meaning is:

x, y :- A u B

can you X-plain Y people are so excited?

When the Union of Atariage rumors and Believable facts is still unknown?

x != y

Xcitement isn't the only reason Y

x^2 - y^2 >= 0

Hopefully the Squares of our Xcitement and Yearnings will add up to more than zero.

What could be simplier?

Catsfolly

• Like 4

(x, y :- A u B; x != y) x^2 - y^2 >= 0

The meaning is:

x, y :- A u B

can you X-plain Y people are so excited?

When the Union of Atariage rumors and Believable facts is still unknown?

x != y

Xcitement isn't the only reason Y

x^2 - y^2 >= 0

Hopefully the Squares of our Xcitement and Yearnings will add up to more than zero.

What could be simplier?

Catsfolly

Perfect !!!

Lol

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

What about using a more accurate emulator, like jzIntv? I know that it is freely distributed under the GNU license, but that doesn't stop AtGames from negotiating a different commercial license from the author.

-dZ.

Software using GNU GPL is free to be used in a commercial project. "Free" licenses means you have freedom to charge a fee for distribution. They just have to share its source code if they make any modifications. The programmers at ATgames probably just want to do their own thing anyway.

Software using GNU GPL is free to be used in a commercial project. "Free" licenses means you have freedom to charge a fee for distribution. They just have to share its source code if they make any modifications. The programmers at ATgames probably just want to do their own thing anyway.

Hmm... That wasn't at all what I meant. Of course GNU free software can be used commercially. However, some enterprises do not accept the requirement of sharing the source code to their derived works as reasonable, so they steer away from such licenses on principle.

I'm not making any judgement either way, just stating an observation.

My point was that the rights owner of a work reserves all rights to himself, which means that even if he decided to publish his work under a free software license, he still has the right to negotiate with interested commercial parties under any other license of his choosing. In other words, GNU license puts constraints on users and distributors, not on the author.

Since the author of jzIntv is an active member of this community, I thought that it could be a possibility for them to engage him in order to take advantage of the increased level of accuracy that jzIntv provides over other emulators, including as it turned out, their previously employed one.

dZ.

Hmm. Why don't the programmers at AT games make new games? ;-)