IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback 2?

mr_intv

It won't make them money. Very few people (less than 1000) are interested in new Intellivision games.

Or is it more than 1000?

Hahaha! We wish! Most games struggle to sell 200 units, and that's even considering that some collectors purchase two or three at a time.

• Like 1

Yes, very true. But I would guess DK Arcade sold way more than 200 cartridges and you can add rom file sales to the total. [Not everyone buys every single cartridge, although many do.]

What is this, arguing just to be a contrarian? Yeah, that's one game. Good luck extrapolating a business model or a trend from that. :P

• Like 1

And many of those multiple copy buys end up getting resold or traded to others.

Wait, are you suggesting that when 200 units are sold and some people purchase more than one copy, that somehow the number of units gets magically increased when they re-sell them?

Because, as far as I know, if you have 50 people purchasing 200 copies, and they all re-sell every single one of them to a single individual, you still have a market of at most 200. :???:

But you're right the numbers are still too small.

Yeah, and wasn't that your original point? Why are you arguing then? And here I thought I was agreeing with you. :roll:

I don't think AtGames or Intellivision Productions are interested in making new games for the Intellivision because it is a costly endeavor and there is no market for it other than a very small niche.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Wait, are you suggesting that when 200 units are sold and some people purchase more than one copy, that somehow the number of units gets magically increased when they re-sell them?

Because, as far as I know, if you have 50 people purchasing 200 copies, and they all re-sell every single one of them to a single individual, you still have a market of at most 200. :???:

No, that's not what I suggested. If 200 carts are sold to 50 people, someone might think that only 50 people are interested in that game. As you pointed out, that's not the case.

No, that's not what I suggested. If 200 carts are sold to 50 people, someone might think that only 50 people are interested in that game. As you pointed out, that's not the case.

Ah. I thought we were always talking about units sold. Oh well.

I think right now we just need to have a wait-and-see approach. Having the addition of Burger Time and Tron Deadly Discs is good, but hopefully there will be a big bump in games (like from 60 to 80 games) and that they are pretty notable besides the two noted heavies.

Sure, if they can get them. Those are three games I could live without if they can't, though. Same for Parker Brothers and Coleco arcade ports, even though I think Intellivision Venture is pretty neat.

I actually like Frogger, Super Cobra, and Popeye.

• Like 1

Don't forget Q-Bert, Dkjr, mouse trap, lady bug,

Well, forget about DKJr, as Nintendo isn't going to start re-licensing old Intellivision games in our lifetimes.

The others seem possible, but haven't shown up on plug-n-plays yet. The ColecoVision versions of MouseTrap and LadyBug are the ones I remember.

Yeah, and wasn't that your original point? Why are you arguing then? And here I thought I was agreeing with you. :roll:

I don't think AtGames or Intellivision Productions are interested in making new games for the Intellivision because it is a costly endeavor and there is no market for it other than a very small niche.

Actually DZ he was agreeing with you originally.