IGNORED

Analogue NT Mini Core Video Recommended Settings Thread

I was thinking it might be a good idea for people to recommend video settings per core to maximize screen space while keeping correct aspect ratios, etc..

720p recommended core settings:

• NES/Famicom -

Please add suggestions for cores and logic for the recommendations would be ideal.

This thread would not be for hardware issues or video cable issues which are handled in the NT Mini hardware thread. Thanks!

After spending some more time experimenting - 720P for playing NES games - 3X Vertical, 4X Horizontal. Without sitting in front of my Analogue NT Mini, I believe that is the the default setting. That will still show some of the "overscan" that you were not supposed so see on a standard CRT. Some additional shifting will likely need to be done to the users preference. Please let me know if anyone else has some recommended settings for 720P.

I'm surprised there's not more feedback in here. My NT Mini doesn't arrive until tomorrow, so I can't test, but:

GB/GBC systems have square pixels and a resolution of 160x144. (square as near as these eyes can see, anyway)

5x vertical, 5x horizantal hits 800x720, for 720p users.

7x vertical, 7x horizontal hits 1120x1008 for 1080p users

Edited by Reaperman

So here's kind of a weird one, I'd like to see if anybody agrees with my Atari 7800 findings for 1080p:

5x height, position 12
4x width

It doesn't sound like it should work, but the pixels have a nice horizontal stretch, if you check, for example, the outline of the ball in the pic below (lots of obvious single pixels). Like NES, some games do get tall enough to stretch some info off the screen vertically, for example, the beef drop demo.

BYpOS4lm.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to the default core video settings Kevtris told me "I kind of threw my hands up and made it look about as good as I could while maintaining integer ratios. I invariably got this wrong in some cases I'm sure. The maximum size is usually calculated to exactly fill 1080*1920 though for example. I just have hard pixel maximums that cannot be exceeded."

We need more recommendations. :-)

• 6 months later...

Super dumb question, but I'm confused as to what's meant by 7x. The Nt mini can go only up to 5x vertical, so not sure what to put as the "prime" settings for GB/C.

For now I've put them as 5x by 5x, which is what I use for Game Gear as well. Can't find my old Game Gear at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's slightly wider than it is tall, and the Game Boy screen is a perfect square. But for now I've settled on 5x by 5x for both with the same scanline setting as my NES core--Original with A0 depth.