IGNORED

BBS dial out Catch-All thread

Opry99er

I spent a good hour or two tonight tying up the phone line dialing out to BBSes.

Hey Chris, is Fusion equipped with dial-up? If so, I would very much like to dial in. :)

I have spent all my time on The Keep and The Reef tonight. So much fun, it should be illegal.

Telco was quite the feat. I didn't care for the module loading when I had my floppy-only system, but it's abilities were (and are) quite amazing to this day.

When I wrote my terminal emulator for the Geneve, I used the same chimes to signal the end of a transfer. There just didn't seem to be any other "proper" sound :)

• Like 2

Back in the day I loved and used Telco so much I was conditioned to jump when the end of download chime went off. It's the reason I use it at the end of my videos now.

Ah! Now I remember that chime! It sounded so familiar, and yet I could not place its origin :}

I seem to remember that this chime is from somewhere else, maybe a game.

The only glitch in TELCO is that there is something wrong with the XModem transfer initiation; I think it expects a byte where the protocol does not. For my MDOS XModem tool I had to include a "TELCO option".

Telco was quite the feat. I didn't care for the module loading when I had my floppy-only system, but it's abilities were (and are) quite amazing to this day.

When I wrote my terminal emulator for the Geneve, I used the same chimes to signal the end of a transfer. There just didn't seem to be any other "proper" sound icon_smile.gif

Yeah, but if you use Telco with a SuperCart it'll keep a couple of more modules active once loaded.

Charles Earl thought of everything. If he was releasing it these days, I bet all the modules with the exception of the macros and phone directory would be on a single cartridge. And of course it would have been F18A compatible. icon_biggrin.gif

gallery_35324_1027_13406.jpg

Charles Earl thought of everything. If he was releasing it these days, I bet all the modules with the exception of the macros and phone directory would be on a single cartridge. And of course it would have been F18A compatible. icon_biggrin.gif

If someone was to track down the source code or obtain it from the author, I would be willing to take a stab at updating it to work with the F18A as well as implement the color ANSI and high speed RS232 routines from TIMXT.

• Like 2

I spent a good hour or two tonight tying up the phone line dialing out to BBSes.

Hey Chris, is Fusion equipped with dial-up? If so, I would very much like to dial in. :)

I have spent all my time on The Keep and The Reef tonight. So much fun, it should be illegal.

No, FuSiON is only telnet accessible. The phone company has gone almost complete digital and the analog modems seem to not connect worth a crap. At least in my area that seems to be the case so I have only put it up via telnet.

Telco for me... select green text on black background.

If you have xb2.7, you can use Mass Transfer (option F from the menu screen)

Mass Transfer just locks up from xb2.7, perhaps it doesn't like the HDX mod on the card??? I am able to use it with ZTERM, comes up "ROM Interrupt Mode Activated" and seems to work slowly (misses keystrokes and such when attempting to post - annoying) at least the card is talking to the modem.

Telco was my TI option, great. But my main system was PFM+ Genny and Port was the program,

When I wrote Port I really wanted two things: speed and color ansi. :) I still use it these days for the hex dump mode, where the top 10 lines of the screen are reserved to display every incoming character, in hex. Makes it much easier to debug protocols and such.