IGNORED

So I Got Lost In the Forest...

I hate that in some of my hobbies that open conversation of drug use is considered an acceptable topic. I'm not a fan.

Then beat it ya narc' Just kidding.

A few points.

1. Wow I can't believe Britney spears used to look that good. She's nearly 40 now with piles of kids and years of hard living...

2. I no longer imbibe Marijuana with any frequency but I do want to share a recent story. When on vacation last year I ate about half an eighth of week (smoking gives me a migraine) and played some Road Rash II on a big screen TV via my Nomad. I was super stoned and also drinking red stripe beer. The game was sucking me in and also going in slow motion and it was a pretty wild experience. ( I know, cool story.)

3. I think retro games are better for various reasons when under the influence than newer games. Possibly because the controls are often easier as is the "pick up and play" factor. Also being in "the zone" helps.

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

Would it have been different if they were drumk on alcohol instead of high?

Ah, I see you are attempting to drag me into the "why is alcohol ok and drugs aren't" argument, but maybe it would have been somewhat different but in some ways not depending on how its framed. Any further elaboration (or the usual ensuing argument) is not a topic I plan to explore on Atari Age. There are plenty of forms of illegal behavior that would not be considered acceptable to post about in such a way (even some that might be legal in certain places). I just wish this were one of them. Especially given that this is a family friendly forum for the most part.

Edited by Mitkraft
  • Like 3

I haven't smoked weed since college and for the most part haven't been tempted to. BUT I have a friend who is about my age and also big into retro games, and he smokes regularly. After listening to him talking about playing TurboGrafx-16 while stoned, I wanted to do it so bad. I drink while I play all the time, but it's not the same thing.

And to whoever Nancy Reagan is up above, it's fricken 2017 already. It's not like were talking about shooting heroin while on-duty as scout masters. It's a little weed while playing Atari. Lighten up.

Edit:

Any further elaboration (or the usual ensuing argument) is not a topic I plan to explore on Atari Age.

Then maybe you should have stayed out of this thread to begin with? Because right now it just looks like you're here to threadcrap & act holier-than-thou. We all do things that other people don't approve of, and you're no different.

Edited by CGQuarterly
  • Like 8

Ah, I see you are attempting to drag me into the "why is alcohol ok and drugs aren't" argument, but maybe it would have been somewhat different but in some ways not depending on how its framed. Any further elaboration (or the usual ensuing argument) is not a topic I plan to explore on Atari Age. There are plenty of forms of illegal behavior that would not be considered acceptable to post about in such a way (even some that might be legal in certain places). I just wish this were one of them. Especially given that this is a family friendly forum for the most part.

Easy solution: don't click on thread

This forum is full of older guys who like adult things, it's not tailored to tweens, teens, or the straight-laced or religious.

post-38373-0-39210800-1490212661_thumb.png

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 4

Drag you into an argumemt? Pfft. Just curious on how high that soap box was you climbed up on is all. If this was a topic you didn't approve of, why bother clicking on it other than for the sake of going "tsk tsk" to the OP? Why waste the time?

Back on topic- I agree on the aforementioned company being the issue. It read like this peron seemed a little literal in thinking. The concept of eating spinach in order to punch Bluto probably didn't register ("Why? Spinach wouldn't really do that"). The questioning of Reactor pretty much wrapped up that theory.

I also hate that any expression of dissent in this arena just leads to bashing.

But it's ok for you to come into the thread just to bash the topic at hand? How did you expect people to react? "Mitkraft doesn't like readin' about the weed, shut the thread down boys!"

To the topic at hand, I've always found vector games to the most visually stimulating "under the influence". So it's cool that "vectorgamer" started this thread. :grin:

• Like 4

It's a video game forum for crying out loud, where are all these adults you speak of? :ponder: :rolling:

Seriously though, it's a wee bit naive to think drugs wouldn't pervade gaming. It and they are everywhere. Bet you'd find *most* programmers have dabbled in drugs at one point and another in their lives, especially the ones programming our favorite games from the 70's and 80's. Wouldn't have half the goofy shit we do (Ninja Golf?) if it weren't for the so-called "creative outlet". :lol:

I hate that in some of my hobbies that open conversation of drug use is considered an acceptable topic. I'm not a fan.

And that's ok. Don't worry about it. As you can see it turned out to be a less than ideal experience because of many factors. Having said that, I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else does.

• Like 1

It's a video game forum for crying out loud, where are all these adults you speak of? :ponder: :rolling:

Seriously though, it's a wee bit naive to think drugs wouldn't pervade gaming. It and they are everywhere. Bet you'd find *most* programmers have dabbled in drugs at one point and another in their lives, especially the ones programming our favorite games from the 70's and 80's. Wouldn't have half the goofy shit we do (Ninja Golf?) if it weren't for the so-called "creative outlet". :lol:

Pot smoking was the order of the day at the real Atari. Them guys knew how to party. It's like the Woodstock era got stretched into the late 1970's and enhanced with electronics. Not the "enlightened" and "safe" poser stuff of today.

• Like 3

It's amazing, I've never tried it, and I grew up in the 70's when Cheech & Chong were popular and 1/2 the school seemed to be in a Jimi Hendrix purple haze. Now day's it's being legalized in many states, including my own. While I may not personally like, agree or do something, I can still get and appreciate the humor involved.

• Like 1