IGNORED

2017 Houston Arcade Expo, Oct 20th & 21st

Arenafoot

Time again for the Houston Arcade Expo! And now one month earlier!!

When:

• Friday, October 20th from noon - 2am
  • Saturday, October 21st from 10am - 2am

Where:

• Houston Northwest Crowne Plaza
    12801 NORTHWEST FREEWAY
    HOUSTON, TX 77040

https://www.facebook.com/events/919344708168346/

Details
Over 200 pinball, arcade, and console games on FREE play ready for attendees to play or buy them for their home.
10/20 & 10/21 at the Houston North West Crowne plaza on 290!
This will be our 16th Year!
There will be Tournaments, events, vendors, music and workshops to keep the young and young at heart entertained.

• Like 1

There was an email that went out on the HAAG group, apparently the date change was due to an snafu with the hotel. They didn't elaborate but it sounded like maybe the hotel messed up somehow. I don't have any commitments that I know of so I plan on being there again. Maybe this year I'll finally get a room and spend the weekend like I wanted to last year.

Anybody know anything about this retrofest thingy happening this weekend? I'd never heard of it but my craigslist arcade search netted an ad for it that was already flagged and removed by the time I looked at it.

• Like 1

Anybody know anything about this retrofest thingy happening this weekend? I'd never heard of it but my craigslist arcade search netted an ad for it that was already flagged and removed by the time I looked at it.

I'm not aware of anything for this weekend. Retropalooza is in a month, perhaps that's what you saw. My review from last year:

Much better than I was expecting for a first year event! Was just disappointed that retro didn't go back to the 2600, it started with NES.

One of these years I'm going to make it to PRGE since that seems to be turning into the retro event of the year. Sadly it won't be this year, though, if the HAAG Expo is the same weekend. Every year I find myself committing a little more to the Houston show, and this year won't be any exception. I'm hoping to be in a position where I can bring some disk drives and games for C-64 and Atari 8-bit systems, so people can get their Impossible Mission and M.U.L.E. on, among other classics.

• Like 1

Found it. I was mistaken since I saw a thumbnail of the flyer in my Houston CL search email and it said "River Oaks" so I assumed it was here in Houston. Turns out its in Fort Worth. Even still I wasn't sure if it was a legit hobbyist event or just one of those things where someone tries to make a buck by throwing together a "fest" or "expo" and charging admission. Not to say that there is any reason to believe this is such, just that I was suspicious since I hadn't heard of it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrofest3/

• Like 1

Bummer, I've already committed to be on a panel at PRGE that same weekend. The panel hasn't been officially announced yet, though I'm very stoked about it :D

I'd heard they were looking into a larger location for this year, guess that didn't pan out.

I'm guessing the same thing with Albert - since Portland is the same weekend.