IGNORED

Pitfall Harry's Contest of Doom

Pitfall Harry

Here's your chance to win a boxed CommaVid Room of Doom videogame in mint condition. All you have to do is be the first to unlock the secret question hidden in the puzzle below and post the correct answer to it in this thread. I offer the following three clues to speed you on your quest:

THE DIAMOND RING: ??E ????E ?E??E?? ??E E?E????E?E

THE GOLDEN TOUCH: ?I?F?L? ?S ??IT?O? S?O?? I?

SILVER KNEE PADS: ??V???U???? M?? W??? P????B??

THE GREEN FOLDER: ???? ????????? ???????

Did I say three clues? Yes, I did. One of the above four is not really a clue at all. But which one?

Best of luck!

Ben

post-5-1052761947_thumb.png

I should explain...

What's "The Reismore"?

:P

I took it to mean "There is more"

14?  

AAEEEEHHIMNNOOORRSTTTWY?

By using the colors mentioned in the clues and replacing them on the chart, I noticed that the Green characters produced a pattern. But the other colors did not.

Not that I think this all matters one bit to the contest, but I tend to attack problems from odd directions.

post-3282-1052830630.gif

post-3282-1052830631_thumb.png

I'm up to 47, although I'm finding them hard to count reliably.

I've found all of the words I was looking for, but I've found some of them more than once. Then I started expecting to see some of them multiple times and I didn't.

I've deduced what a few of the words in the clues must be, but I have no idea what the clues mean or how they will help, or how, if at all, they are related to the colored letters in the puzzle.

Man, this is a real stumper... harder than the map contest, I think!

I've deduced what a few of the words in the clues must be, but I have no idea what the clues mean or how they will help, or how, if at all, they are related to the colored letters in the puzzle.

Looks like you and I are pretty much in the same place. I did figure out what one of the "clues" says, but it must be the one that's not really a clue because it sure doesn't help me any!

I too had spotted the significance between the clue titles and the colours in the grid... and have also worked out one of the clues (I hope). Sadly as I'm off on holiday for a week tomorrow, then I probably won't solve it in time...

Archived