IGNORED

Line by Line Assembler Binary

ralphb

Be aware that the copy on that disk image has a 4-byte header on it - I've shipped a raw version of it and LINES with Classic99 for years.

However, interestingly, the version on that disk is slightly different from the version I ship... all the differences are in the first >228 bytes of code. What I find most interesting is an ASCII string right at the beginning that on mine is "0031" and yours in "0038" (right before "DSK1"). It makes me wonder if that's a newer version - both have the same copyright year.

Yours also includes "LINES" in the REF/DEF table but mine doesn't, but it's possible I manually removed that from mine since I ship LINES separately. It's been a very long time and I don't remember (but I can't see why I would have, since on investigation LINES and LBLA seem to both contain almost the same code...)

Anyway, for curiousity's sake:

classic99_lbla.zip

• Like 2

Hmm, I took the lbla.wav file that I found in my folder; I don't remember where I got it from. I do not believe it is an original file from a tape, as it sounds too clear; audacity shows a clean waveform, but not squares as I know from MAME; see below. Maybe it was already digitized by another emulator?

post-35000-0-08442200-1490809688_thumb.png

Two files attached which may be of help/interest.

"MiniMem LBLA Listing.doc" is a disassembly of the MiniMem with the LBLA loaded. Most of the code is the LBLA, but there is also some LINES and other stuff in there. It's a 'raw' listing - some data is interpreted as instructions, and this sometimes makes later instructions be misinterpreted, and so on. The first column in the listing is the memory address, the second column is the data at that address, and the third column is the disassembled instructions. The first and second columns are correct even where the disassembled instructions are out of sync.

"MiniMem LBLA & Utilities Cartridge.a99" is a text file for my LBLA + TIBUG + Disassembler cartridge. It contains commented LBLA source, but has a number of changes from the original plus a bit of code shuffling so it can run from cartridge. All labels in the code in the form "Axxxx" relate to memory addresses in the first doc. The first bit of the LBLA, starting at >2B18, is workspaces and data. The main entry points are >2BA6 for "NEW" (label LBLANEW in my code) and >2BAC for "OLD" (label LBLAOLD in my code). There's then some shuffled code at A2BB0, but my code re-syncs with the listing at A2C3A.

I've got various handwritten notes on how it works as well. Give me a shout if confused. ;-)

MiniMem LBLA Listing.doc

MiniMem LBLA & Utilities Cartridge.a99

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

Thanks Stuart, but why does the code start at >2A00?

Shouldn't the ROM start at >6000, and the RAM with LBLA and LINES at >7000, with an additional GROM?

An excellent point! I done the disassembly quite a few years ago so memory is a bit vague. The disassembler I used runs under XB, so what I think I done was a partial dump of the MiniMem RAM, swapped to the XB cartridge and reloaded that dump at >2A00. So the addresses in the listing have an offset of >4600 from the actual RAM addresses in the MiniMem. So for example address >2B8E in the listing + offset >4600 = actual address >718E in the MiniMem.

Why not use a GPL program to dump memory and do Disassembly?

You could load it as the TI Basic memory >2000 - >4FFF or into any Cartridge space >6000 - >FFFF

As GPL has easy access to making disk files it would be the most viable approach to dumps of other Carts?