IGNORED

Got my first ti-99/4a

Papa_Bear

Thanks to the awesome Ksarul who gifted me the computer!

I just love the polished metal on this thing but I have to say it's a bit terrifying to set up! The large RF modulator brick and then the dongle that glued to the end of the power cord! I can't wait to pick up stuff to play on this thing!

81Je04a.jpg

RlQLk0m.jpg

FZ2sqg7.jpg

juwT70c.jpg

So uhhh where is the back space...?

• Like 3

You folks have been so freaking welcome and nice so far! So sweet I'm going to get a cavity

You could not have picked a better time to get into the TI.

Recently a couple new hardware items came onto the scene that give people the capability to do things that used to require a lot more money.

The first is the << FlashROM 99 >> and the second is a << sidecar 32K memory expansion >>.

Both items together (without cases) will be about $100.00 and that will give you access to most of the stuff << HERE >> for free!

I don't have it yet! I was hoping to pick one up when I get paid. :-D

Do you live anywhere close to the Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA areas? If so, maybe someone might have an extra they could bring to Fest West, saving you shipping charges. If not, still buying one here might still be cheaper than eBay.

You guys w/ your Ti's!

I always get jealous when I see how much fun everyone is having with their Ti99/4As. Then I almost get one, but I think to myself, "What am I going to do with another old computer?".

Maybe one day...

If you ever do get a TI-99/4A you may wonder why you ever asked that question! Why? Because you'll be having so much fun you might just ignore all those other computers. Heck, if you're married your wife may be happy too if you decide to 'thin the herd' of those other obsolete boxes and focus more on the TI.

One word of advance WARNING: The TI-99/4A is addictive!

If you ever do get a TI-99/4A you may wonder why you ever asked that question! Why? Because you'll be having so much fun you might just ignore all those other computers. Heck, if you're married your wife may be happy too if you decide to 'thin the herd' of those other obsolete boxes and focus more on the TI.

One word of advance WARNING: The TI-99/4A is addictive!

Maybe.

I will not be getting rid of anything else. I doubt the TI could replace my beloved Apple IIe Platinum. My Commodores however are relegated to a cardboard box in the closet. I fear the TI would suffer the same fate. Perhaps it's only saving grace being it's incredibly sleek stainless steel finish.