IGNORED

Got my first ti-99/4a

Papa_Bear

Maybe.

Yep, it could happen! icon_evil.gif

I got back into the TI about 4 years ago now. My re-entry system was rather modest (as you can see directly below)...

gallery_35324_1027_68315.jpg

In fact, I HAD NO INTENTION of expanding any further...

Three years later I had a bloody shrine for my TI... and I'm still adding...

gallery_35324_1027_408826.jpg

... thankfully I don't have the addiction quite as bad as some others like Greg, Schmitzi, Ksarul.... and the list goes on, and on, and on...

• Like 3

I got back into the TI about 4 years ago now. My re-entry system was rather modest (as you can see directly below)...

... thankfully I don't have the addiction quite as bad as some others like Greg, Schmitzi, Ksarul.... and the list goes on, and on, and on...

Yes a very nice setup indeed. I would like to have a dedicated space for my Apple IIe like that, but it shares a desk with my gaming PC currently.

I've got a Hayes 9600 Baud Modem, Two Floppy Drives, an original Apple Monitor II(Green Phosphor), and a Lantronix.

Right now I'd like to pick up a DB-25 selector switch so that I can switch between Hayes Modem and Lantronix on the fly.

Here's a pic of my setup and my new joystick.

gOoo9IE.jpg

• Like 3

What BBSs are you dialing into?

I mostly dial in to BorderlineBBS either via the Modem or via Telnet. There are a few others I like, Live Wire BBS, some of the mainframes at Vintage Computer Museum, CottonwoodBBS. I connect to my Raspberry Pi via Telnet, and use that to hit SDF.ORG over SSH(could do it via Telnet, but I like the security of SSH)

I have been known to use my acoustic couplers and Tandy 102 to log in to Borderline from time to time.

QWAq7oa.jpg

• Like 5

I would like to have a dedicated space for my Apple IIe like that, but it shares a desk with my gaming PC currently.

Right now I'd like to pick up a DB-25 selector switch so that I can switch between Hayes Modem and Lantronix on the fly.

Nice clean looking Apple setup. It's obvious what your first love was! icon_wink.gif

You are in luck on the DB-25 selector switches. There is a guy on eBay << HERE >> who currently has 37 BRAND NEW 4 position models.

i'll try to get some better pics of my TI setup and post in the pic thread once I get home (and now that i have like 30 cartridges and a handful of cassettes, yeesh, lol)

We had a C64 and C128 growing up, so it'd be kind of neat to have a C64 with the 1541 drive. Lots of fond memories of 'loading game, getting up, eating sandwich, going out, coming back, waiting for game, playing game' and the 'ka chunk a chunk chunk a chunk whirrrrrrr' sound of the drive. :)

We had a C64 and C128 growing up, so it'd be kind of neat to have a C64 with the 1541 drive. Lots of fond memories of 'loading game, getting up, eating sandwich, going out, coming back, waiting for game, playing game' and the 'ka chunk a chunk chunk a chunk whirrrrrrr' sound of the drive. :)

This is definitely on the todo list in MAME for non-TI stuff. Up to now we only have a generic floppy sound, but there's nothing like the good old 1541 ... rrrooopp - tuck - tuck - tuck - tuck - tuck - rroooop. We'll see whether someone creates some good samples.

gallery_35324_1027_68315.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_408826.jpg

That setup is gorgeous! *scampers off to work on his*

• Like 1

The first retro computer I picked up was a Nib Commodore Plus/4... 2 years of sitting around not knowing what it was or how to use it... once I figured that out everything sorta spiraled into getting really good deals and finds. I almost bought an Atari 1200XL instead of a brand new commodore model C.

Now I've talked someone down from 750 to 250 on a commodore pet..... I've been wanting an SX-64 for years but a 4032 pet is a bit more on my list of things I want... he's local too so no shipping

HOLY Shitakke! A Retro Clinic BBC Micro! icon_lust.gif

Well spotted. That Master 128 was a recent addition. It was the computer I used in my college days so I was very glad to get one finally. I cannot recommend Retro Clinic highly enough. They set up the power supply for US voltage, charged a very reasonable price for the item and shipping and it was here in CA in three days. If you decide to get one (and you really should) don't do it any other way than through Retroclinic.

Anyway, back on topic. I found another Speech Synth in the cupboard I was going to offer to the OP but it's not working. Hangs the machine when plugged in. Suggestions?

Edited by Arnuphis

Here's a better question.... how would I use the Speech Synth! Do I need a cart or some other program to run it. or is it built in?

Yes, you need a cartridge with speech support. Some games as Parsec or Alpiner use it. If you want to program it, you need Extended Basic or Terminal Emulator II cartridges to access it.