IGNORED

Knockoffs?

Just found this interesting knockoff. Very similar but some differences. No HDMI for starters. Also 9 pin controller ports instead of NES or Classic wii remote ports. I wonder if any 9 pin will work in this like a genesis pad. And it just says various games. No mention of what specific games are installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262916660033?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Ok now you have my interest. I'd love to know what the inside of that thing looks like let alone the game list. May have to go dink around in google land and see if something can be fished up about that. If Nintendo isn't going to get their issue resolved sooner than later, more power to these knockoffs using their own fabricated Pi or otherwise system to get job done. Hell if it's only as closed as the NES CE is and you can usb thrust more stuff onto it or cull a list you love all the better. I could see those sell like hotcakes and the price could easily come lower as well as more people fish for the sales.

It's a famiclone modeled to look like the NES Classic Mini... 60pin slot, comes with the usual sort of Chinese multicart.

EDIT: This one may not have a slot. The ones I saw a few weeks ago on Aliexpress had an FC slot.

Edited by R.Cade

I know it's likely as you said as it's a give away with the little headphone jack style A/V cable common to like thsoe atgames handhelds and the sort, but it's still pretty interesting and a tear down would be nice to see what's going on with it.

I'll be more impressed with those chinese pirates do a solid HDMI knockoff of the NES CE though as it's not like the tech isn't dirt cheap enough as it is already look at the other crazy stuff that comes out.

I know it's likely as you said as it's a give away with the little headphone jack style A/V cable common to like thsoe atgames handhelds and the sort, but it's still pretty interesting and a tear down would be nice to see what's going on with it.

I'll be more impressed with those chinese pirates do a solid HDMI knockoff of the NES CE though as it's not like the tech isn't dirt cheap enough as it is already look at the other crazy stuff that comes out.

Then buy one and let us know how it tears down.

I'm on a budget where even I have limits of what I'd do, but I do know someone that would do it. betagam7 over at racketboy. He collects on purpose all forms of chinese knockoff consoles and handhelds, loves to document the things, take images, some videos has a website for it but also splashes the stuff into an ongoing thread on their forums. The stuff he finds is an amazing research archive of ripoff crap that either is crap or oddly is surprisingly good and varying degrees between.

Its a chineese knockoff. Probably not even worth half the 36.57 they are asking. If its 500 unique games and no repeats its worth it. But no mention except varioius games. I would not be surprised if its 30 games only like the real deal nes classic. But without more info who knows. I will send him a message and see what they say.

As for SMB3, if you're going to roll a copy of it for this thing, it's been flat for years at $15 and expect that more or less after fees.

Now my interest on this thing, despite the annoying loss of the HDMI, it's the game list and also the frame of the unit and quality of the controllers.

You have options here depending on the answers.

The simple one, if this game list is like the Super Games 500 in 1 brought out last year (I have it in a famicom shell) there's over 350 unique games on this, then it kind of repeats on part of the list. Of the 350 or so uniques maybe 50 or so are ATgames equivalent crap on a chip so-so to god awful amateur effect homebrew trash. The rest makes up for it. You get a lot of the $50-300+ valued NES games all in a simple somewhat orderly(earlier in the roster) list. All 4 turtles, all contra (including force), Adv island 1-4, Samson, Bubble Bobble 2 (not included in the popular 150in1 from a year earlier), all 6 mega man games, all the Mario's Zeldas other hot junk and the list goes around to a lot of other key titles people usually juice over. Oddly it does lack Bonk but does add if I recall right both Duck Tales 2 and I think Rescue Rangers 1 and 2 too. It's an odd cut but an expensive one if you're picky about original materials. Easily a $5000+ value of NES physical cart ROMS in a little chip.

If it's not this and it's some older garbage with like 50 uniques and then bad lists and hacks, then fall back on the shell and the rest. If you have the know how, you could repurpose the game pads, put a PI in that clamshell, and make your own NES CE system with a few hours work and throw a full library on there.

I'd love to get a mini NES case to throw a Pi in, but only if I can score one cheap. These look pretty good though, thanks for the links.

On a side note, I have an extra SMB 3, (loose) I'd possibly let go. I also have some other NES, SNES & N64 dupes I probably should get rid of.

Just found this interesting knockoff. Very similar but some differences. No HDMI for starters. Also 9 pin controller ports instead of NES or Classic wii remote ports. I wonder if any 9 pin will work in this like a genesis pad. And it just says various games. No mention of what specific games are installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262916660033?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

The negative feedback on that seller suggests they routinely sell counterfeits. So this item is likely just some NOAC famiclone with a worn-out NES Classic Mini mold, like most counterfeit products from China. These are designed to deceive people looking for the NES Classic Mini. Remember that anyone with less than 98% positive feedback is a "bad seller" by eBay staff.

Its definately a scam. I sent a message yesterday. I asked this.

Description just says "Built in various games". Approximately how many games are installed? And are there any repeats?

and they replied

Dear valued buyer,
Thanks for your message and your interest for our products.
I am not sure, Could you please kindly read the description of the item so that you can know more details about the item.
Our item is the same as what description said.
Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated!
Any question, please feel free to connect us.
Have a nice day!
Best regards,
Customer Service Dept.