Atari 8 bit video output to VGA...

52 replies to this topic

#51 mytekcontrols ONLINE  

mytekcontrols

Stargunner

• 1,533 posts

Posted Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:57 AM

Update on my cheap chinese brick  :) 
It turns out the first one i received was either defective or the firmware was buggy. The replacement I've got today works with no problem. It is exactly the same device with different firmware and a slightly different button configuration. So if you don't mind taking a risk and have plenty of time and can wait for the replacement to come in case the first device doesn't work, it is a good overall converter. Longevity remains to be seen.

Gargoyle can you post a link from where you bought your converter? I have a couple nice small square Sony VGA monitors that I wouldn't mind getting some use out of.

Thanks,

- Michael

#52 gargoyle OFFLINE  

gargoyle

Chopper Commander

• 123 posts

Posted Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:19 PM

Sure this guy ships from USA and the shipment is much quicker compared to China and his version works fine.

https://tinyurl.com/ladvu8e

George

Edited by gargoyle, Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:20 PM.

#53 mr.bill OFFLINE  

mr.bill

Chopper Commander

• 129 posts

Posted Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:29 PM

I can't answer the question about the TI machines.  I believe the Commodore DIN is also wired somewhat differently.  That being said, it is quite easy to wire up your own cables using a standard 5-pin DIN, and multiple RCA jacks.  I usually make mine with Composite, s-vid jack for separate luma/chroma (since I installed an s-vid jack on the back of my 1084S), and a single RCA for audio, which I can then split for TVs with stereo.

does anyone like ebay or amazon sell a 5 pin din cable for atari 800xl that works with no modification. I am going to need 2 cables for my exidy max a flex arcade games. They use a single rca for video (connecting to an ntsc to rgb pcb) and and single audio rca going to an audio amp/timer board. Basically the standard cable you could find everywhere 30 years ago.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users