As a community sometimes people can get protective of those who've given the community so much enjoyment. Sometimes negative criticism is warranted, other times not, especially when it looks like an unjustified pile-on attack. For those of us who've been online for a while, we've seen the results of too much negative activity. Sometimes the object of the attacks simply says something like, "I don't need this ___t.", they depart the scene, and the community suffers due the negative actions of a few.
If I were to give any unsolicited advice to anyone, I'd mention a few things...
1) Don't be annoying and don't be easily annoyed.
2) Realize that no one will ever be in 100% agreement with you or have the same goals, nor should they be expected to.
3) The world does not revolve around a single individual or their personal expectations.
4) The word SHOULD is only based on an opinion, and they vary.
5) Realize a 'hobby' is a spare time activity and don't assume others have more time to devote to you than their own family or job.
6) Relax, breathe, don't stress over minutiae or things beyond your control, you'll have a happier life.
7) Know that 'meltdowns' online only serve to make a fools of the ones having them, if anyone cares, they are simply laughing.