IGNORED

AtariMax?

Bikerbob

Which I all ready have.

So, what is the reason telling us the story?

Do you wanna sell the second one?

I havent seen Steve, I do not plan to

visit him. I dont even really know him.

In fact, as far as I know, atariage is not

related in any way with him.

I'm afraid, I can't help you.

Stefan

• Like 5

Hey guys. I hate to open old wounds. I placed an order with Steve. He takes a while to ship, but products are great. My issue is I ordered an APE and ProSystem v3.0.2 for Windows. But i ordered a APE Warp+ 32-in-1 OS Upgrade for XL/XE Computers instead. Which I all ready have. I emailed him several times a out the miss order an no response.

I just got a response from him on an email that i sent a week ago. That is light speed compared to the vendors back in the 70's and 80's. It was regarding a ram upgrade and a MyIDE ver 1 cart, I purchased from him over 5 years ago and like in the past, he warren-tees his products 100 percent. He may be slow but always the best product and the best product support.

• Like 5

I'm just a bit bored, to read this

again and again.

Stefan

Then why do you keep reading it? Is it a mandatory reading?. It cracks me up when i see people complaining and saying that they had enough reading about something when they can easily ignore the topic. Despite all claims I guess seeing ATARIMAX in bold in the forum topics list somehow magically draws bored people into the discussion :)

Edited by gargoyle

Then why do you keep reading it? Is it a mandatory reading?. It cracks me up when i see people complaining and saying that they had enough reading about something when they can easily ignore the topic. Despite all claims I guess seeing ATARIMAX in bold in the forum topics list somehow magically draws bored people into the discussion

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

• Like 1

I have a serious suggestion for Alfred that I think might be helpful. When you IGNORE a topic, make that topic totally disappear to that viewer. That way all the complainers can still complain, while others sick of the repetition, etc. can avoid the "red flag" that irritates them. If that somehow is technically not feasible, obliterate the title rather than simply putting an "Ignore" marker on it.

-Larry

I have a serious suggestion for Alfred that I think might be helpful. When you IGNORE a topic, make that topic totally disappear to that viewer. That way all the complainers can still complain, while others sick of the repetition, etc. can avoid the "red flag" that irritates them. If that somehow is technically not feasible, obliterate the title rather than simply putting an "Ignore" marker on it.

-Larry

I have a better suggestion. Implement an ignore USER feature. That is something I'd find more useful.

(And just for the record, that wasn't directed towards Larry in any way... just piggybacking a suggestion).

I did not mean to stur the pot. Just wanted to see if anyone new anything. I did hear from Steve an he is working with me. Will keep buying from him.

This is a huge reason for the vitriol you received (perhaps, not justified). For some reason, over the past few months, this exact same topic has repeated literally ever two weeks. Without fail. So google searches will show lots of responses for searches for SteveTucker is shit. But every post has the same resolution. Steve comes through, there's another satisfied customer, 20 years of good business continues. But this outcome is never reflected.

Please note - this is not directed at you. But for some of the long timers here, these patterns of repetition get beyond aggravating, especially when long time businesses get a bad name.

• Like 4

these patterns of repetition get beyond aggravating, especially when long time businesses get a bad name.

Yeah that's called life, sometimes long time business not only get a bad rep but get bankrupt too. People are and will voice their concerns when they don't get a reply from a business no matter what their reputation is. So everybody should get over this and if a thread does not interest or bore you to death simply don't read it. There is no need for magical forum options to ignore uninteresting subjects.

Edited by gargoyle

But every post has the same resolution. Steve comes through, there's another satisfied customer, 20 years of good business continues. But this outcome is never reflected.

Yep, and in this latest instance everything was resolved within two days of the original complaint being posted, although the resolution is quietly buried among a bunch of other posts. Definite pattern emerging, with a lot of regular faces involved.

• Like 2

...Just wondered if there was a better way of contact that was all.

It's difficult to intuit this from your initial post, which contains no questions at all:

Hey guys. I hate to open old wounds. I placed an order with Steve. He takes a while to ship, but products are great. My issue is I ordered an APE and ProSystem v3.0.2 for Windows. But i ordered a APE Warp+ 32-in-1 OS Upgrade for XL/XE Computers instead. Which I all ready have. I emailed him several times a out the miss order an no response.

These are statements, which basically say "Ack... Steve's not responding to his customers again". Hence the initial response along the lines of "what do you want us to do about it?".

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

It's also about showing support for people doing this as a hobby.

If people think that doing things for the Atari community is only going to lead to bashing and unrealistic expectations, no one is ever going to do it.

And I don't know why it seems like people are picking on him specifically. Maybe it's people developing competing products... Maybe it's just trolls... but like Stephen said it seems like it's on a regular basis lately.

• Like 3

But you are not listening, It was my mistake, not his. Just wondered if there was maybe a phone number.

But you're not listening.

We're not trying to accuse you of doing anything wrong. We're trying to explain why things have already been so heated that people were ready to jump on you when you meant no harm. You deserved an explanation.

• Like 1

Well if it's any consolation I placed an order with AtariMAX 15 days ago and haven't heard or seen anything since then. I do not understand how you can accept money then just vanish for weeks at a time without fulfilling the order or at least sending a simple courtesy email. I have ordered from him before with no problems and have received good support from him in the past. I think his products are great but if his life is too busy for his "hobby" then maybe he should stop accepting orders for a while until he has the time to actually fulfill these obligations. I don't know, it is a strange situation. I'll repeat what I heard many times from my father back when I was a teenager... "Son... I am not mad, just disappointed". Ouch.

• Like 1

Why doesn't everyone just stop whining about Steve?

This thread really should be locked.

Albert?

There may actually be more people whining about people whining about Steve than there are people actually whining about Steve. OK, that actually hurt my head. ;)

• Like 2