IGNORED

Sega to Intellivision controller adapter

grips03

There are million different power adapters in the world, if not more. I can not buy and test them all. VEL05US090-US-JA is what I have tested. If this or anything else is an issue, it is ok to cancel pre-order.

Newark: $6.50 + $5.35 Priority shipping

or

Digikey: $6.50 + $3.75 first class mail or $7.60 priority shipping

Since most people have been ordering 66 inch db9 cable. This is now the default.

I would like to offer 2 week return policy, but I can't if the cable is cut to 36 inches. So if you think you might not like adapter then order with 66 inch long cable. Return requires you to mail back adapter as I sent it. I will then issue refund.

I received mine a while back, and have finally been able to test it. Played Ms. Pac-Man, Jaw Crusher, D2K Arcade and Astrosmash with an Atari CX-40. Played Grail of the Gods Plus, Ms. Night Stalker and Mystic Castle with a Sega Genesis 3-button connected.

The controller adapter works well with both my CX-40 and Sega Genesis 3 button controllers.

Many thanks to grips03. :thumbsup:

post-21941-0-23926700-1520208790.jpg post-21941-0-60080000-1520208802.jpg post-21941-0-14033300-1520209561.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the post.

What is neat is how this one held up, I think I originally sent it around a year ago. Was in great shape when it got the updated pcb with built in keypad.

I was wondering what people who now have the adapters think about it and the built in keypad. I know at lot of it depends on the controller plugged in, but from the adapter side of things it would be good to know.

What makes a really loud noise?

Does the noise happen with Intellivision controller and the same game?

Does the noise occur with any other game?

I tested BD with adapter and this does not occur.

Please return adapter for refund.

Tons of building and testing today. Only one adapter left to build. I might have one adapter left for sale after this is done. It will be either Gray or Almond. If you don't want to wait and your open to either one of those colors send me a PM.

All the adapters being sent out now have the rework done.

Please be sure to use the DC power adapter in post 1. Newark or Digikey are both great places to order from.

• Like 1

There is someone who claims:

"I was using this and tried Boulder dash with my cx-40 joystick and it makes a really loud noise if you hit the fire button when trying to start a game"

and

"Sorry , not the adaptor itself . On the game screen when I try to hit the fire button it makes a noise . So far it is only Boulder Dash . The game still works with the cx-40 however ."

I have offered to refund the entire purchase price and return shipping. They still have not returned the adapter, even though I requested they return it back on March 8th. I test each and every adapter, if something happens at your house that is not expected I need the adapter back in order to refund you. The adapter is not a hostage, it is an adapter that for some reason is not working for you, let me refund you by sending it back. I can not refund the power adapter as I did not sell it. I understand that means you may be out around $10-15 or perhaps Newark or Digikey will allow you to return it, its best to ask them. Please understand that risk. Use the box I mailed the adapter in for return.

I've lost around $500 and 100 hours doing this project and this is likely to be the last one I ever do.

So to that person, send the adapter back.

427B44AA-AEA9-4B18-8CC6-F485649804F4.MOV427B44AA-AEA9-4B18-8CC6-F485649804F4.MOV[

Sorry , I couldn't figure out a way to add the video . This is the behavior I was getting . This is an rgb modded console but using only composite . Sometimes hitting the button would not start the game so I would have to reset the game . Sometimes the loud noise would not stop . Sometimes I could start the game without any button noise .

2DD35A2F-2E46-46BC-B5C5-B468538D7365.MOV

Great.

I think everyone is waiting to see if the adapter causes a noise.

Let us know how it goes.

Finally got some time to test. The adapter works great. I don’t hear any strange noise. My Intellivision II has been A/V modded so don’t know if that would make a difference.

Solid product, and well worth the wait!!! I’ll play around with it more over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1