IGNORED

Rampage question

Rampage was programmed for Activision directly by a couple of guys from the UK who were pretty prolific in the later days of the 8bit in Europe.

Rusell Knight and Anthony Wilson (also known as PAL developments) did loads of very medicocre games in the late 80's and early 90's -- lots of Mastertronic titles (Speedzone, Bombfusion, Sidewinder II, Protector etc) and also several games for Atari UK (Speed Hawk, Tiger Attack) under the name of Arena Developments.

Aside from Rampage they also produced an unpublished conversion of TRAP (a well known C64 game by Tony Crowther)...

sTeVE

Rampage was programmed for Activision directly by a couple of guys from the UK who were pretty prolific in the later days of the 8bit in Europe.

Rusell Knight and Anthony Wilson (also known as PAL developments) did loads of very medicocre games in the late 80's and early 90's -- lots of Mastertronic titles (Speedzone, Bombfusion, Sidewinder II, Protector etc) and also several games for Atari UK (Speed Hawk, Tiger Attack) under the name of Arena Developments.

Aside from Rampage they also produced an unpublished conversion of TRAP (a well known C64 game by Tony Crowther)...

sTeVE

Thanks. :)

I'm currently waiting for my PAL copy of "Rampage" to arrive in the mail.

I'm wondering, though, if "Rampage" was ever released specifically in NTSC format for North American machines.

8) steve where the hell do you know all this details... ;) but you might be right... i can not remember that they had good games... even thechnicly they were not too much advanced... sorry if i am cruel... (ok... speedhawk II wasn't so bad...)

it's interesting that i have even bought every single atari game may it worse as hell in 80s 90s when it was released in germany... even alternate reality the dungeon via import and international karate (hybrid cd aeh sorry... 5,25 ;)) as not with my metal t-shirts i have all games somewhere... :) i have to search them....

all these lovely mastertronic cassettes...

"tooet toeeet......" i love the cassette boot sound...

hve

I personally knew the guys, I was going to subcontract some conversions including Psygnosis Barbarian to them (they even did a demo of the latter which I have lost) -- however the plans fell through.

Until recently I had copies of the TRAP port and the Barbarian demo, but can't seem to find them...

At that time Activision were in the town I lived in (Reading) and I knew quite a few of the people who worked there. Rampage was an Activision UK product, so I doubt if a specific NTSC version exists...

sTeVE

Archived