So I recently found a lot on craigslist. I've been looking for an apple II to add to my collection and this lot had that and more. After coming to an agreement on price I met with the woman to pick up everything. When I did I was blown away by how much was actually in the lot. She explained to me that she used to work at Apple and, without giving her name and actual title, I will say that she was high up in the education division at apple. She also had a big hand in the EWorld network that apple tried to get off the ground to compete with AOL.
So I'm not quite sure if I've got something really good in this lot. Here is just a small list of some of the things in the lot:
- Apple II+ with monitor and disk drive (all work fine)
- Apple II GS complete setup with 3.5" and 5.25" disk drives (boots up but have not tested the drives
- Mac SE setup in an official apple Mac carrying bag (boots up)
- Hundreds of boxed software titles from games to Office programs to educational tiles.
- tons of sealed titles
- Lots of sealed titles labeled DEMO, NOT FOR RESALE, and EVALUATION COPY ONLY (games, educational titles, and office software - inlucded a sealed "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?" labled as a Review Copy)
- Apple promotional items like pins, bumper stickers, water bottles, mugs still sealed in the packaging
- Apple computer club shirts
- Apple eworld shirts
- Apple Employee convention lanyards
- Apple Employee Christmas cards and gifts
- Mission Impossible/Apple cross promotional posters (huge posters)
- Disks sealed in envelope withe "REVIEW ONLY" stickers on it (Apple system update disks for employees I believe)
There were a lot of items labeled as DEMO and such because companies would send her software for her to review for Apple to give the Ok. Much of the copies here are not opened and still sealed. What's really cool to me is that I grew up using an apple II and IIGS at school. Because of her position, the computers she gave me were the ones she personally used to for work. So to think that the computers I just got had a hand in the development and review of the software I used as a kid is just really great. I paid $200 for everything.
I'm just not sure if all the demo sealed items (also some not sealed) are anything special or if they are common enough. And I don't know much about the promotional items, whether they are particularly collectible or not.
I will upload pictures as well bit by bit. (my computer is giving me issues with this)