IGNORED

What do you use your 5200 storage compartment for?

Atarikid96

What you do is wrap the controller cord around the joystick handle section. Then place them face down. The small bump of plastic in the bottom sections of the compartment match up with the insert area on the top of the joystick handle itself. You can fit two in there quite easily, but I'm still wanting to know how the hell you put two controllers plus the power supply in there?

What you do is wrap the controller cord around the joystick handle section. Then place them face down. The small bump of plastic in the bottom sections of the compartment match up with the insert area on the top of the joystick handle itself. You can fit two in there quite easily, but I'm still wanting to know how the hell you put two controllers plus the power supply in there?

I also have difficulty getting the controllers to fit as the cords want to uncoil and push the lid slightly open. Also, I am using a masterplay interface with a Tac 2 and a rudely hacked CX-52 with tactile switches installed. So, I don't keep anything in that compartment. I just leave that nest of wires and interface hanging out the front of the console.

Now if I had wireless controllers that actually worked....the storage space would be great.

Ok, I suppose it's better to ask here than start a new thread. But how the hell do you actually use the storage compartment for controllers? I can't even get *one* in there, let alone two. I figure there must be a trick to organizing the cables. I see on the bottom that there's both a little plastic peg where the joystick sits (and I know they go in upside down), but then there are little rubber pegs next to that. What the heck are those for? I assume they must have some purpose that helps you get things in there correctly.

The rubber is just the other end of the rubber feet on the bottom of the console. They were pulled through a hole by that protruding rubber spike during initial assembly. You can ignore them.

What you do is wrap the controller cord around the joystick handle section. Then place them face down. The small bump of plastic in the bottom sections of the compartment match up with the insert area on the top of the joystick handle itself.

Actually, there are two holes on either side so that the controllers can remain plugged in to the front of the console even when stored with the lid is closed.

You can fit two in there quite easily, but I'm still wanting to know how the hell you put two controllers plus the power supply in there?

He didn't say he had them in there simultaneously. ;)

Two fully working stock 5200 controllers refurbished by me. Because, that is what the compartment is supposed to be used for...

me too and an ac adapter fits in there also.

How did you manage that? By installing the AC brick internally under the left or right squared sections I'm assuming?
He meant it "also" fits, instead of the controllers.

You're thinking he meant it "also" fits together with the controllers.

There's a lot of wire length but it fits and closes if you route some of the wires out the notches provided.

Nothing....I have two controllers but flipping the damn thing up and down is asking for a hinge to break. And I don't feel like handling it with kid gloves all the time.

I broke one just the other day by holding the door closed while lifting the console into a box. The door suddenly flew open and the pegs were instantly snapped off. :( Edited by CZroe

I broke one just the other day by holding the door closed while lifting the console into a box. The door suddenly flew open and the pegs were instantly snapped off. :(

Yeah I didn't have one back in the day so I don't know if they were always so prone to breakage, and time can be unkind to old plastic, but damn are they brittle.

• 3 weeks later...

You can always just get a table saw and cut that bad boy right off...

IMG_0005.jpg

I taped up where the blade went through on both sides, and the entire front. Ran it through upside down, then right side up, as I recall. Though making a back panel was a little harder:

IMG_0027_1.jpg

So it will fit in your tiny car.

• Like 1