IGNORED

Batman

There was a game (if you want to call it that), and there was a completely nasty contrivance that the batman did all manner of bad bat things to all kinds of both bad bat people and mild mannered bat 'supporters'

I am certain young minds found the latter some sort of perverse entertainment....

Wow, that is rougher than a badgers behind....

I seriously can't find anything positive about that, Batman looks like Vomit Man...

Perhaps he's covered in his dinner dinner dinner, bat man...(old kids joke)

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 1 month later...

Wow, that is rougher than a badgers behind....

I seriously can't find anything positive about that, Batman looks like Vomit Man...

Perhaps he's covered in his dinner dinner dinner, bat man...(old kids joke)

Yeah, I know. I think the discussion can go further is someone legitimately plays this. Give it a try! I doubt youll like it.

You have to wonder is it a licenced game or just some amateur effort where they've borrowed his likeness.

I suppose given there were plenty of attrocious commercial licenced games of movies and superheroes that either one is as likely as the other.

You have to wonder is it a licenced game or just some amateur effort where they've borrowed his likeness.

I suppose given there were plenty of attrocious commercial licenced games of movies and superheroes that either one is as likely as the other.

Id go for tye second one. DC would ban it

• 5 years later...

Sorry to necro this thread after half-a-decade, but does anyone have any information on this game and what it is supposed to be? I can't find anything.

A search for the "Atari Project Team" returns nothing relating to it. Searching for "Johan Marina" has nothing related to a game developer. This game is incredibly scarce with information, adding to its overall weirdness. I presume this Johan Marina doesn't speak English as his first tongue, I think he's from Scandinavia (the name "Johan"), which actually makes sense for the misspelling "kondom", as North Germanic languages use K's instead of C's for those sounds. Finally, has anybody actually "beaten" this game? I am so fascinated by how this....thing exists.

Edited by TheCheeseLover

14 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

The game was probably coded in Eastern Europe and likely meant as some sort of joke, nothing more.

After loading the game, the following text in Polish is visible in the debugger:

That supports that theory.

batman_ptext.png.4948c82e4451038022a69629ceb12701.png

• Like 1

Very interesting. I guess this confirms the game was made in Poland. May anyone here who knows Polish well please translate this to English? When I put it in Google translate it just comes out disjointed.

Edited by TheCheeseLover
  • Like 1

Alright ...

"Hello you pimpley worm! Why are you sticking your stinky hands here? You wanted to steal some great Italo Disco & Marina-style music. I see you've already finished the "Bat Man" game. If so, then send the solution and a fully drawing of the map. As a reward we will send you another, world's best game, "Robocop" - 21 Dec. 1991“

Maybe it's supposed to be displayed as an ending screen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks very much for the translation! Strongly implies that the game is one big joke. Interesting with the "We will send you another, world's best game: RoboCop" and the "You wanted to steal some great Italo Disco & Marina-style music." (WTF?)

I think the "Marina-style music" might mean that "Johan Marina" is a pseudonym as well as a reference to some kind of music-related thing. Kind of lessens the mystery.

EDIT: Also interesting is that it shows a date: 21 December 1991. Is this some kind of weird ARG?

EDIT II: Also interesting is that it insults the player, calling them a "pimply worm" and asking why they are "sticking [their] stinky hands here?"

Edited by TheCheeseLover

42 minutes ago, TheCheeseLover said:

EDIT: Also interesting is that it shows a date: 21 December 1991. Is this some kind of weird ARG?

Nah, it's probably just the date the message was written on.

42 minutes ago, TheCheeseLover said:

EDIT II: Also interesting is that it insults the player, calling them a "pimply worm" and asking why they are "sticking [their] stinky hands here?"

Or maybe I was wrong and the message is aimed at hackers - in that case an insult would be nothing out of ordinary.

11 minutes ago, baktra said:

The text in Batman game refers to a game called ROBOCOP. That game is available at Atarimania, with a note that it is joke rather than a real game.

Yup, "RoboCop" is a well-known joke program, many Polish users have been recalling their stories of disappointment when they were buying that "game" from pirates only to find out at home what it really was.

The translation:

"Ha ha ha! You've been thinking it's a normal game, but a "certain" someone has played a joke on you. It's sad, but for now there's no profit in doing anything in Poland. Maybe sometime, in the future, I will create "RoboCop". So for now you have to settle for this awesome game. It's really great, because I was developing it for a lot of time, four days (2-3 hours daily with breaks for meals). It's great. And now greetings to the best computer company ........ with its head developer Boris Peacock. Have a nice fun! Bye! 26 Oct. 1991"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1