Photo

Super Pro Hockey

112 replies to this topic

#101 atari5200dude82 OFFLINE  

atari5200dude82

Stargunner

• 1,277 posts

Posted Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 PM

Here's hoping that  Air Strike / Air Attack gets finished and released some day.

Yes me as well. Air strike will be  the Bomb 

#102 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,137 posts

Posted Mon May 29, 2017 3:30 AM

My Super Pro Hockey board has arrived.  Thanks, David.  :)

#103 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,463 posts

Posted Mon May 29, 2017 2:00 PM

Received as well, hopefully I get to try it some time soon... Thanks Dave!!

#104 KylJoy OFFLINE  

KylJoy

Dragonstomper

• 721 posts
  • Intellibeardist

Posted Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 PM

Mine arrived. I'll check it out soon.

Worked great. I like to watch the computer play both teams. Is that weird? :)

Popped into a cart shell and placed awesome label on it. Cool beans! Faithfully awaiting the super-cool box!!!

#105 edweird13 OFFLINE  

edweird13

Stargunner

• 1,007 posts

Posted Mon May 29, 2017 10:15 PM

Got mine. Plays great. Thanks putting this on a cart.

#106 Intymike OFFLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 2,460 posts

Posted Tue May 30, 2017 8:21 AM

Got mine today, thanks a lot David!

#107 Special Teams OFFLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 800 posts

Posted Tue May 30, 2017 11:59 AM

Received mine as well - thanks David!

#108 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,463 posts

Posted Tue May 30, 2017 4:10 PM

I Had a chance to play a few games, much improved that's for sure.
Cheers

#109 mr_intv OFFLINE  

mr_intv

Stargunner

• 1,324 posts

Posted Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 PM

Recieved the updated game today, first game in cart form is a 3-2 overtime thriller. I love this game.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2762.JPG

#110 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,510 posts

Posted Fri Aug 4, 2017 8:37 AM

The game plays very well, but I have noticed when you quickly change direction and shoot, the puck often goes in the direction you WERE facing, not the direction you just switched to.

The fix is to wait a little bit after changing direction before shooting - not always easy to do in the heat of a game. I never had this issue with the original NHL Hockey. It's not a game breaker by any means, it just causes some frustration at times.

It also retained the [original] Super Pro Hockey bug where if you switch players right as one player gets the puck, the puck can "teleport" to the player you just switched to. It doesn't happen often, and it's not your fault, you probably didn't realize that bug existed.

All in all though, a really fun version.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

#111 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 696 posts

Posted Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:05 AM

The fix is probably just to use the keypad to shoot/pass. The reason you never had the issue with shooting in the original game was because you did not have control of the direction the puck would go in when you would shoot/slap shot. In this version, you do.

As you mentioned regarding the "teleport" bug. Of course I was aware of it. I do my research. You mention it does not happen often. The fix was an overhaul of the code which I decided not to do.

#112 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,991 posts

Posted Fri Aug 4, 2017 10:05 AM

Intellivision NHL Hockey reliably shoots/passes in the disc direction.  I think Slap Shot is the same but it just seems buggy in that version.  INTV definitely changed something because in Slap Shot you can side button shoot without the disc being pressed but in NHL you can't.  The keypad passing/shooting introduced in INTV Slap Shot Hockey was a bad idea.  Not only would you lose half of your precision but it can cause problems if you have controllers with unreliable side buttons.

edit:  To me the fix would be to get rid of the sliding when the disc is pressed. ie. the player always moves in disc direction

Edited by mr_me, Fri Aug 4, 2017 10:07 AM.

#113 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• 1,510 posts

Posted Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:15 PM

The fix is probably just to use the keypad to shoot/pass. The reason you never had the issue with shooting in the original game was because you did not have control of the direction the puck would go in when you would shoot/slap shot. In this version, you do.

As you mentioned regarding the "teleport" bug. Of course I was aware of it. I do my research. You mention it does not happen often. The fix was an overhaul of the code which I decided not to do.

With Mattel's original NHL Hockey, you can shoot in any direction that you point the disc (whether you use the SHOOT or PASS side button), and it works well - even if you quickly change directions and immediately shoot.

In INTV Super Pro Hockey, shooting got sloppy, and the puck has a tendency to go toward the goal you're shooting at, not necessarily in the direction you chose.

I understand why you wouldn't want to completely overhaul the code with regard to the 'teleport' bug.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users