Photo

-5V line after installing the F18A mod.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Unstablewarpfield OFFLINE  

Unstablewarpfield

Space Invader

• 28 posts

Posted Sat Apr 8, 2017 8:05 AM

I'm about to install the F18A mod in my Colecovision, together with an internal power supply. Is it true that the -5V line is not needed anymore after installing the mod? If so... would something like this work as a power supply? It has all the right specs amp-wise on the 5V and 12V lines... Good price too and pretty easy to obtain from where I live. I ordered one from thesame line (but 5V only) for my Videopac and it works perfect :-) 

#2 Bmack36 OFFLINE  

Bmack36

Chopper Commander

• 248 posts

Posted Sat Apr 8, 2017 11:49 AM

With the F18a, only the 5V is needed. If you want to use the EM1 then you would need the 12V as well.

#3 Unstablewarpfield OFFLINE  

Unstablewarpfield

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 28 posts

Posted Sun Apr 9, 2017 1:02 AM

Clear. Thanks! I currently do not own an EM1 but this will be a future purchase so I'll go with the 5V and 12V option.

#4 Bmack36 OFFLINE  

Bmack36

Chopper Commander

• 248 posts

Posted Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:02 AM

Just a FYI about EM1 compatability. The EM1 video does not go out through the VGA. You will need to use the RF port or do a composite mod to get the video out for the EM1.

#5 SiLic0ne t0aD85 OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD85

River Patroller

• 2,071 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Sun Apr 9, 2017 7:10 AM

Bmack is right about the EM1, unfortunately it doesn't output through the VGA. As far as power, all you really need is +5V, that's all I'm currently running with my Cincon internal PS... I left the +12V and -5V taps unhooked for now,everything works fine. I'll probably hook up the 12v someday soon though since the EM1 is my preferred way of playing Atari 2600 games.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users