IGNORED

Possible to emulate/run OSX 10.11 or higher on PC?

Keatah

Yes, I've put Sierra onto my laptop, running VMWare Workstation, as I have to often do work in XCode, but it is NOT accellerated, so if the app is graphically intensive, expect it to not run at full tilt. Plenty of floating bits of info on the googlesphere on how to do this.

-Thom

• Like 1

What Mac app are you after? It's totally possible to virtualization Mac OS but I find handling kernel extensions a pain in the ass.

Old virtualization guide here http://lifehacker.com/5938332/how-to-run-mac-os-x-on-any-windows-pc-using-virtualbox#replies

There's a link to building a "hackintosh" in there that's more up to date. That's running Mac OS on non-Apple hardware, like in the clone Mac days.

As I get older and have more money, I have less tolerance for these jailbreak shenanigans and more inclination to just buy the tools I need. That said, let us know how this goes.

• Like 1

My goal is to be able to make PrintShop banners again. I have a rather decent HP 7280 that I refill and which has been uncharacteristically reliable and straightforward.

I could always pull out my Epson MX-80 F/T with GrafTrax III, Microbuffer, and Orange Micro Grappler+ setup. But..