IGNORED

What game are you best at on the VCS?

Atarikid96

I'm just wondering what game/games people are the most, uh, talented at on the VCS. For me, I'd say Yar's Revenge or Missile Command. I've spent many a nights playing, practicing, and cursing at my tv until 3-4 am to get where I am currently score wise with those games (seriously, there need to be an ATARI ADDICTS ANONYMOUS). I can think of nothing more satisfying than having a beer or two and wearing out a VCS controller for a few hours. What about you??

Edited by Atarikid96
  • Like 1

The game I am best at is Kaboom! as I have played well over 100,000 minutes. (I know this because of the "What have you played tracker" :D ) My goal is 999,999. So far I have gotten 928,982.

Coming in a close second would be Pitfall II. I have maxed the score several times on this. A few times I played for speed to see how fast I could complete it. I think I got around 10 minutes 30 seconds.

• Like 3

I hold quite a few HighScore.com world records (http://highscore.com/profile/?u=3171) but strangely I think the two VCS games that I'm best at are ones that I haven't gone for the record in yet: Millipede and Venture. Both are games that I adore and have sunk countless hours into playing, because they're just so much fun to me. :)

• Like 2

Mine would be Pitfall II and Star Master. Got to really good as Space Shuttle as well bitd, but I haven't played that one in so long, I don't even remember what all the console switches did. I used to remember I had them memorized and could play it without the overlays. I also remember that when I got the 7800 I was initially upset because I couldn't kick on the ohms burn with the bw/color switch since that didn't really exist in the correct manner on the 7800. Luckily I found out that the backup ohms on the first player difficulty could be used instead.

• Like 1

I'm not a competitive player and don't expect to ever win a contest among above average competitors, but the games I am most focused on score on are Yars' Revenge and Dragonfire, to say I am good at them. Those two and HERO maybe, except that HERO kind of has a finite level of achievement that most players will eventually get to I think.

Night Driver game 1 I can often get a perfect run - zero crashes and foot on gas start to finish uninterrupted, never releasing button - but I'm not sure that's really difficult to do.

• Like 2

There were a few games I clocked when I was a teenager: Defender, Asteroids, Yars Revenge and Megamania spring to mind.

Sadly, now that I am older I find some of these tougher now. Yars Revenge in particular.

I also remember clocking Cosmic Creeps by Telesys.

Of course I am in the PAL region so I was playing some of these at a reduced speed! :(

PAL60 for me now with a Harmony cart. :)

• Like 1