Photo

burning your own ROMs

ROM hardware cartridge

2 replies to this topic

#1 hloberg OFFLINE  

hloberg

Dragonstomper

• 656 posts
  • Location:in the San Antonio/Austin area? drop me a line, trying to get a retro computer club together.

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:40 AM

I want to burn my own ROMs for my new game. I know Atariage and others will do it for you but I just want the experience and I like messing with hardware. I have created other carts for other systems so I have some experience.

I have found where I can get a board and burn up to 16k carts. What i want to know is if making a SC cart or a DPC+ cart is doable or desirable. can you get the chips, boards etc.. I haven't found a good answer due to me inexperience with 2600 carts. thx to all you 2600 hardware gurus out there.

#2 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,923 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:18 PM

I'd be glad to sell you anything you need in terms of boards and parts.

..Al

#3 hloberg OFFLINE  

hloberg

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 656 posts
  • Location:in the San Antonio/Austin area? drop me a line, trying to get a retro computer club together.

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 PM

I'd be glad to sell you anything you need in terms of boards and parts.

..Al

Thanks, that changes the whole dynamics. I have maintained three versions of my game; std., SC and DPC+, since I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go. I'm leaning more and more to finishing it with SC but was unsure if I could get a board. I'm not there yet to burn the boards so I'll get more details from you later.  Question, the SC board only adds a memory chip to the std. board?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ROM, hardware, cartridge

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users