Photo

Atari 2600 Games from Venezuela?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Space Invader

• 31 posts

Posted Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:45 AM

I've seen a lot of Atari 2600 games on eBay shipping from Venezuela and I'm not sure if they're real or not. Does anyone have any information on these games? Are they authentic and from the 1980's or is someone cranking these out down there?

#2 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,952 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 PM

No, they're genuine, just a lot of old stock that ended up down there to sell when it couldn't be sold in North America due to the crash or similar.

#3 jaybird3rd ONLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 8,433 posts

Posted Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:45 PM

I've bought lots of games from Venezuela.  They're legit.  Just expect them to take a while to arrive, and if you're in the US, there's also the possibility of the package being opened (and not necessarily very nicely) by customs inspectors.

#4 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 3,040 posts

Posted Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:22 PM

If yu buy some, I would ask the seller how they are shipping them. If they are shipped by PO expect a long wait and I would say you have a 50% chance of your package being inspected by customs. If the ship with an express service you shoukd get them within a week and have a much less chance of them being inspected.

#5 hizzy ONLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• 563 posts

Posted Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:20 PM

I've bought lots of games from Venezuela.  They're legit.  Just expect them to take a while to arrive, and if you're in the US, there's also the possibility of the package being opened (and not necessarily very nicely) by customs inspectors.

I can co-sign this. The boxes get ripped open, and they're not gentle with the carts, either!

#6 Marco OFFLINE  

Marco

River Patroller

• 2,056 posts
  • Close to 2600

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:02 AM

Also, don't expect to buy anything 'rare', there's probably thousands of each title.

#7 toiletunes ONLINE  

toiletunes

River Patroller

• 2,983 posts
  • Hater Brigader

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:10 AM

My Compumate came from Venezuela, it took about a month iirc. I also got some Taiwan Cooper games and Atari red labels, Road Runner and Motorodeo, etc. I'd love to see inside the warehouse...

#8 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,153 posts

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 AM

And there seems to be a ton of the blue Tron joysticks 

#9 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,952 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:28 AM

Maybe it's just US customs officials, but I've bought a few times from Venezuela, and had nothing opened along the way.

#10 AtariLeaf ONLINE  

AtariLeaf

Quadrunner

• 9,854 posts

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 PM

I've looked at them and been slightly intrigued but the customs thing turned me off. I'm in Canada so not sure the customs situation would be the same, better or worse but I'm not taking the chance.

#11 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Dragonstomper

• 763 posts

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:59 PM

My "sealed" items arrived opened by customs. And as reported here, not graciously & carefully opened; rather quickly & violently ransacked style opened. They slit them open with a knife.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users