Photo

Fat Fingers

2 replies to this topic

#1 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 628 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:14 PM

My fingers are just too dang fat to operate the switchs on my Ulti Multi Cart. Using a pen to select them didn't work too well for me either.

So, I elected to hack what you see in the images. Please note - the original cart case and the cart itself were not compromised - I tack soldered the wires needed to the underside of the cart at the pins of the dipswitch. So if I wanted to go back to "stock" it would be no problem.

I used a dead Artillery Duel cart and a small project box, 8 small switches and some bits of wire.

switch up is on, down is off.

Please excuse the blurry pix, I ain't much of a photographer.

DSC09964.JPG

DSC09965.JPG

DSC09966.JPG

DSC09967.JPG

#2 128Kgames OFFLINE  

128Kgames

Dragonstomper

• 708 posts
  • Victory is mine! I am the Worrior!

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:35 PM

My fingers are just too dang fat to operate the switchs on my Ulti Multi Cart. Using a pen to select them didn't work too well for me either.

So, I elected to hack what you see in the images. Please note - the original cart case and the cart itself were not compromised - I tack soldered the wires needed to the underside of the cart at the pins of the dipswitch. So if I wanted to go back to "stock" it would be no problem.

I used a dead Artillery Duel cart and a small project box, 8 small switches and some bits of wire.

switch up is on, down is off.

attachicon.gifDSC09964.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC09965.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC09966.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC09967.JPG

Well, I gotta commend you for the work you did, but the cap to a papermate ballpoint pen works wonders on those dip switches (the cap has that flat edge to it, and if I remember correctly Ken's cart has toggle switches).  

But hey, whatever works for you. 

#3 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• 1,314 posts

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:20 PM

It's a little late for me to make another suggestion for you're dip-switch woes, but maybe this will help someone else.  The hollow stick (tube) from a chupa chups lollypop is absolutely perfect for moving small dip-switches on any device.

So, I elected to hack what you see in the images.

That's a pretty extreme hack!  It's cool that you went through all that trouble just to play a few Astrocade games.  You must have the fingers have King Kong.  Then again, maybe not, otherwise you couldn't have hacked this project together.

The pics are actually quite clear.

That's one clever hack, man!

Adam

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users