IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - April 16th 2017

Pixelboy

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I contacted a second group of roughly 40 people this morning, then I went to see a couple of movies (Colossal, which was entertaining, and The Circle, which I found rather unrealistic and disappointing) and I was planning to start replying to people after getting back home in the evening. But now I'm just too tired so I'll reply to everyone tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I received my copies of the games I ordered and I must say...as someone that actually likes taking the carts out of the box and sticking them in a ColecoVision, I really like the budget boxes compared to the normal flap based ones. I don't know how they will hold over the years with respect to things like glue giving way but I like not having to be careful with the flap and they look good on my shelf.

I really like the budget games. I grew to like JETPAC since the controls to fly and shoot takes some time to get used to. It's like Sparrow Goes Flapping game I made, but a whole new adventure. The bosses take some time to get use too. I got to the 3rd moon(if they are the moon of Jupiter.). I really love the music in this one. Really good graphic and neat scrolling. I think it could add score feature in this game to get a few more extra lives. I will play more of this game later.

Frostbite is pretty interesting. I accidentally discovered one feature when I pressed the button. I didn't read the manual before hand. You can sacrifice one ice from your igloo to change the flow of the ice. I really dig the SMS/GG soundfont for the music. I did notice that there are day and night feature. I assuming the night time reduce your temperature quicker. The game get challenging and that bear is does not want to move outta the way. Really nice version of Frostbite.

Hero's Arena I played as ROM on the computer long time ago when the developer posted this game for the contest. I did play an hour of this game on the Colecovision. I need to get better to get to the semi-final. I really love the Konami character artwork. The timer is pretty hard to see. Danger Tower had that similar timer, but had only have filled segments. I think if they had fill segment to be on,and empty segment to be off, then it would be better to know how much time you have left.

I'll write more once I get some more sleep and play more of the games. I did play them all for but not through.

from,
Sir Complain Alot Kiwi

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

Frostbite is pretty interesting. I accidentally discovered one feature when I pressed the button. I didn't read the manual before hand. You can sacrifice one ice from your igloo to change the flow of the ice.

Same as the Atari 2600 version. :)