IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Boring Easter

RSS Bot

Well, it's Easter Sunday and I had nothing to do since I didn't do anything special for it. So I decided to work on the knee game some more. To try to make it an actual game. I was working on it and I got it to be an actual game with score increasing and stuff, but I noticed that if you had the fire button pressed when you died, it didn't go to the shot of the knee, instead it just cycled back to the ingame shot of the close up of the leg. So I tried to do various things, but nothing seemed to help. Until one time when I tried to redo the revision once more and just left something from the previous one. Somehow, that got it working the way I wanted it to. So now the game is working okay, but it isn't done. There are no SFX. That's the next step in making this game. I have 599 bytes left, which should be enough room for lots of them. I'm sick of working on this game for right now, so I'll pick up from where I left off tomorrow. I also worked on it last night as well. What I tried to do was lower the leg on the screen. A whole bunch of messing around later, I actually did it. That was something I wanted to do ever since I decided to have 2 screens. Since it would be kind of too easy if the leg was taking up more room. So now the game ends if the germ touches the leg. I have that one-digit number that's blue, I don't know what to do with it. Maybe have it be a timer and when it reaches 0 the game ends as well? Or perhaps be a mode number? Although I don't see how there could be lots of variations to a fly-swatting-type game. I also got the needle to move around with the joystick. So now what you do in the game is get the needle over the germ and press fire. That fills the germ up with medicine and makes it go away. But another one comes to take its place. I'm also thinking about having this game end at 1,000 points. Or 9,999. I don't know what would happen if the score went over 9,999. I also cleaned my room a little. I wasn't using the Odyssey 2 so I unhooked it and it's going back in the garage.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-81684800-1492382187_thu

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13797-boring-easter/