It turns out not all my computers burned with my house.
Apparently, I had placed several in storage including an Atari 130XE!
The 130XE has a bad trace in the mylar. I already tracked down where the break is and was going to fix it with a pen you can draw traces with.
But I see Best Electronics has new mylar and new key cups that improve the feel of the keyboard.
So I have several questions.
1. If you have fixed a 130XE keyboard with a trace pen or defroster repair kit, how long did the repair last?
2. If you replaced the mylar, have you had any problems since?
3. My keyboard has springs under the space bar, shift keys, etc... but not under the alpha numeric keys. Will the new key "cups" work with my keyboard?
4. Do the new cups really improve the feel of the keyboard that much?
I'm leaning towards the cheap fix at the moment and then replace the mylar and cups if it fails again.
But I might install an Antonia. I've I'm going to spend that much and perform that level of surgery, I might as well improve the keyboard while I'm at it.
5. Has anyone modded a PC power supply to use with their Atari? I have a MicroATX power supply somewhere that would be more than powerful enough. If there's an adapter cable somewhere that might be my best option.