IGNORED

The most ANNOYING sound effects/music/voices in video games.

The low health sound in WIZARDS AND WARRIORS is unbearably repetitive. DUM. DA-DAAA DAAA DUM. DA-DAAA DAAA DUM. Over and over again, even after you die. Where the hell is a health item so I can shut it up???

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the Ace Combat games on the PS2 (Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies was my favorite). Before Ace Combat, I played Air Combat on the PS1 when it first came out.

In Air Combat for the PS1, if you had the misfortune of taking major damage early in a level, you'd spend that entire level hearing a voice saying, "I'm hit, body damage!" (not sure if those were the exact words, but I know the words body damage were repeated). It goes on and on and on... your brain makes you want to scream, "NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!"

Edited by DuggerVideoGames

• 3 years later...

Add me to the list of people who absolutely loathe low-health sounds and pretty much the entirety of Nintendo's first party voices and sound effects beginning in the N64 era. I just can't stand all the noise. Kind of related to the Ocarina of Time thread, but one of my main grips was that damn fairy. And you get all the noises in Minish Cap and everything after. If was done to attract the youth, it definitely lost me as its audience. I never bought a single Nintendo first party game new after like 1999 or thereabouts until you get to some of the more mellowed out Wii games. Maybe I have sensitive ears, but Nintendo "hyas!" and "heys!" really just grate.

• Like 1