Photo

TI program to dump a diskette image to WDS1.

11 replies to this topic

#1 aftyde OFFLINE  

aftyde

Chopper Commander

• 182 posts

Posted Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:49 PM

Hi All,

Looking for a program like DSK2PC that can back a diskette image up to a SCSI hard disk.  I am currently using DSK2PC which is awesome - but it would be so much faster if I could archive a diskette image to the hard disk.  Any solutions out there that support something other than a disk number (WDS1.DISKS. or SCS1.DISKS.)

Cheers, Arthur...

#2 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,195 posts

Posted Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:10 PM

Attached File  scn2.jpg   25.7KB   2 downloads

like this?

V9T9 FORMAT ea5 

Attached Files

#3 aftyde OFFLINE  

aftyde

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 182 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 AM

Can't seem to figure out what to do with this?  Is it a FR99 image?  Can't seem to figure out what to do with this?!?  :)

#4 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 PM

hmm, I also tried it in Classic99.  Maybe has to be burned on a cartridge like UberGrom ?

#5 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,308 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:40 PM

Easy, just a E/A 5 file.

- Using TIImageTool, I imported the bin file on a disk image (Edit->Import Files, File Type = All files, enter directory, double click on the file name)

- Then I ran it in E/A option 5 in MAME.

TIMT could be used to easily copy files on a SCSI drive, but the drive must first be dumped to an image file.

#6 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 PM

Hi, what is this, an "E/A 5"-File ?

I only know these files on a floppydisk or inside a .DSK-file, mostly 3 files, with the last letter going up in sequence,

which are started with the Editor/Assembler-Cartrdidge, via Option 5 "Run Program File"

But this here is 1 file only and does end on .BIN

And how to get this one here running on a real TI ? Any idea ?

#7 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,308 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:05 PM

The BIN file is a TIFILES-like format (from v9t9), without the "TIFILES" header but with the directory entry for that file. When you import it on a disk image (i.e. a DSK file), it becomes a PRG file on that image that can be loaded in Editor/Assembler option 5. Hence, it is a "E/A5 file" exported from a disk image in that v9t9 format.

#8 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,308 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 AM

@Arthur: Did I understand you correctly, you have a SCSI drive at your TI (via a Whtech or ASCSI controller)? And you want to copy floppy disk contents to that drive? Is it a mechanical drive or a memory card (via SCSI2SD)?

#9 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:22 AM

ah thanks, so we have a .DSK now :)

Attached File  DISK2FILE-EA5-V9T9.dsk   90KB   2 downloads

#10 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,195 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:02 PM

Can't seem to figure out what to do with this?  Is it a FR99 image?  Can't seem to figure out what to do with this?!?   :)

vi9t9 format = its a binary file for the ti saved in v9t9 header format aka fiad for v9t9, tidir will find it if you put it in a directory, also hdx too which is where i grabbed it from my hdx files directory..

ea5 = EDITOR ASSEMBLER option 5  PROGRAM  so you run it from EA with option 5 

Greg

#11 aftyde OFFLINE  

aftyde

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 182 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 PM

I have a Whtech SCSI controller and external 200MB SyQuest cart drive - wanted a way to read from the floppy disk (2880 sector, Myarc DDCC-1 w 80 track - Lotharek Floppy Emulator) and save it as a .DSK image.  Basically, I'd like it to do exactly what Fred Kaals DSK2PC does except allow it to save to another location.  

Downloaded and experimenting with DISK2FILE right now...  Need a way to make quick TI-BASE database backups!

@Arthur: Did I understand you correctly, you have a SCSI drive at your TI (via a Whtech or ASCSI controller)? And you want to copy floppy disk contents to that drive? Is it a mechanical drive or a memory card (via SCSI2SD)?

#12 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 AM

I have a Whtech SCSI controller and external 200MB SyQuest cart drive - wanted a way to read from the floppy disk (2880 sector, Myarc DDCC-1 w 80 track - Lotharek Floppy Emulator) and save it as a .DSK image.  Basically, I'd like it to do exactly what Fred Kaals DSK2PC does except allow it to save to another location.  

Downloaded and experimenting with DISK2FILE right now...  Need a way to make quick TI-BASE database backups!

Hi, did you ever make a backup of your Eproms (Myarc DDCC-1 w 80 track / 720KB ) ?

I have the same controller/same mod, and it came from Barry Boone.

Maybe we should compare them, just for fun ? ;)

(If so, let´s  make a dedicated thread for that)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users