IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

Same here I see those dumb ads on craigslist and the values seem to have dropped to this stand off point where it's not worth their time/money to go any lower so it's a matter of stubborn pride not to give up making like $20 on it instead of breaking even and calling it quits. I find the whole situation hilarious really given the crap those crooks pulled robbing those opportunities from those who legitimately wanted the NES before hand.

Start making below-retail offers, especially if they modded them, because you can say "it's been opened"

• Like 4

Hah that would drive them nuts. They'd get mad and argue that it was hacked to add games. Depending how easy they are to keep going that could get interesting digging into how it's now damaged goods or something.

I sent MSRP offers to a lot of NES Classic scalpers. Man, did I get an earful! As if I was trying to rip THEM off!

• Like 2

Hah that would drive them nuts. They'd get mad and argue that it was hacked to add games. Depending how easy they are to keep going that could get interesting digging into how it's now damaged goods or something.

Not to mention how illegal it is. No need to add to the debate of downloading ROMs, but selling them for profit is a giant no-no and deserves a slap down!

I sent MSRP offers to a lot of NES Classic scalpers. Man, did I get an earful! As if I was trying to rip THEM off!

Well maybe you did. It takes a lot or work watching online trackers and taking the time to not only go to the store, but also to lazily whip out an iphone and snap a sloppy picture of the system while taking the horrible amounts of unnecessary time writing words about how rare and hard they're to come by. You'd think a real job would actually be more taxing but no, that stuff there is the worst. They easily deserve another $50-100+ for all that hard work involved, double or triple that if they had to slave over hakchi2 to make it a pirates wet dream. :D

• Like 1

Well maybe you did. It takes a lot or work watching online trackers and taking the time to not only go to the store, but also to lazily whip out an iphone and snap a sloppy picture of the system while taking the horrible amounts of unnecessary time writing words about how rare and hard they're to come by. You'd think a real job would actually be more taxing but no, that stuff there is the worst. They easily deserve another $50-100+ for all that hard work involved, double or triple that if they had to slave over hakchi2 to make it a pirates wet dream. :D

Oh, no doubt. I even had one tell me that $60 was “way below the actual price.” No, Cletus, it is the actual price.

Just bought one! I was walking thru the Target game section, which never has them, and an employee asked if i needed help with anything. Said no at first then asked if they had the snes classic. Then i noticed the box in his hands which was the last one. Had to snag it. :)

• Like 5

Just bought one! I was walking thru the Target game section, which never has them, and an employee asked if i needed help with anything. Said no at first then asked if they had the snes classic. Then i noticed the box in his hands which was the last one. Had to snag it. :)

I did this too! We were at a Wal-Mart in flea speck SW Missouri after a doc appt for my wife and my eyes about bugged out when I saw one on the shelf.

I bought it very quickly. :)

• Like 3

It's a joke as we like to rip on certain people on and off site who buy them just to go after unfortunate people who can't find them at retail and charge them a lot more than the MSRP because they're scum. It's just a running gag.

Have fun, and given it's new to you being fresh it will be a LOT of fun as it's not a re-run. Take your time with it, just a couple games at a time so you don't lose focus. Like maybe a game or 2 plus one of the RPG/ActionRPG types to keep it interesting.

• Like 3

It's a joke as we like to rip on certain people on and off site who buy them just to go after unfortunate people who can't find them at retail and charge them a lot more than the MSRP because they're scum. It's just a running gag.

Have fun, and given it's new to you being fresh it will be a LOT of fun as it's not a re-run. Take your time with it, just a couple games at a time so you don't lose focus. Like maybe a game or 2 plus one of the RPG/ActionRPG types to keep it interesting.

^^ very much this for folks that haven't played the games. I tend to be all over the place, so I'm just sticking with FF3/SMRPG and like StarFox/Yoshi's Island when I want a break. :)

The last one? The employee was likely hoping to keep it for themselves and now hates you for taking it. :-D

• Like 1

Like I said, Scalpers can eat the loss. It is kinda like that US seller that got atuck with 40 Famicom Minis selling for $90 no tax free shipping. I was only the sixth person who left feedback last I checked. 50% markup over retail for imports was hardly better than what Play Asia charges usually. It was discontinued; now it's being restocked in Japan. NES/SNES/Famicom Minis are hot potatoes as far as eBay scalping is concerned. My local GameXChange has like a dozen NESS figures now. Also several Rosalinas, Waluigis, and others who were unobtainium before, or so people believed. Lots of Sonics and Megamans too. Why would they have so many of the same figures, which once sold secondhand for $30-$40? Mini consoles are going bust, and it's a race to the bottom to see who can unload them fastest. When I see Mini consoles selling for retail + tax + shipping on eBay (or lower), we'll know they've reached market penetration.

• Like 2

Like I said, Scalpers can eat the loss. It is kinda like that US seller that got atuck with 40 Famicom Minis selling for $90 no tax free shipping. I was only the sixth person who left feedback last I checked. 50% markup over retail for imports was hardly better than what Play Asia charges usually. It was discontinued; now it's being restocked in Japan. NES/SNES/Famicom Minis are hot potatoes as far as eBay scalping is concerned. My local GameXChange has like a dozen NESS figures now. Also several Rosalinas, Waluigis, and others who were unobtainium before, or so people believed. Lots of Sonics and Megamans too. Why would they have so many of the same figures, which once sold secondhand for $30-$40? Mini consoles are going bust, and it's a race to the bottom to see who can unload them fastest. When I see Mini consoles selling for retail + tax + shipping on eBay (or lower), we'll know they've reached market penetration.

This is what I'm hoping, since I'd kind of like to have a NES Classic mini for close to MSRP + tax/shipping. :)

I've noticed around here lately the Minis are coming down to people trying to move them as low as $100 now. Given they were $80 +6% tax ($4.80) what profit is there in it after you figure gas costs and personal time involved? Nothing but maybe a kids meal at mcdonalds.

6%.........must be nice! We are at 8% and a little south of us is 10%. I need to get out of Illinois.

• Like 3