IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

6%.........must be nice! We are at 8% and a little south of us is 10%. I need to get out of Illinois.

9.6% in my city. It's worth it ever since years ago we voted a .6% renewal for increased first responder salaries.

I still remember when it was 8.25%, then 8.6%, now 9.6 combined city + state. Now Amazon and Nintendo even charge me sales tax for downloads on a voluntary basis... :roll:

I pay 9% in the Peoria area but at least I get to have crappy pot hole ridden roads and poor schools.

LOL join the club. We have potholes and failing schools too. I think I lost ~$1000 worth of repair work to my car in a pothole last year. Only took the city another six months after I got my car fixed before they finally patched it with asphalt... :roll:

• Like 1

we are at 9.25% sales tax but no income tax

and no matter what, everything keeps getting shittier ... cept the parks and bike lanes, we build those piles of garbage like every day. I am looking at the main artery to our little town from the city, 5 lanes of CHAOS on a HIGHWAY, and they add a bike lane and have the gull to tell me to yield to bikes while I merge onto another highway at 50mph with 1000 cars behind me and a left turn yield to watch out for as well

like who is riding their bike down a 5 lane traffic jam just to get to an interstate they cant ride on anyway? honest to god the ONLY things on that stretch is 2 gas stations, and a country club, then the interstate ... then they beg me to spend 100$ on snot wipes and crayons for my kid at school, which is the entire point of the wheel tax in the first place not fking bike lanes to nowhere!!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAG

assholes

ps: even if we did have an income tax they would spend it on a 50 foot tall bronze statue of Nathan Bedford with his boot on a slaves back not the rubble road I have to drive on every day, cause ... heritage

I hate living in the south

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 3

I saw one at Walmart the other day. The box is smaller looking in person. My wife tried to talk me into buying it but I explained that we own the real deal and all the games she likes. Her rebuttal was that it was cute but that only makes sense to me in a pet shop.

You should have bought one for me!!

Pets need food and cleaning up. Game consoles are like pet rocks. Clean and obedient.

• Like 2

we are at 9.25% sales tax but no income tax

Louisiana has income tax too. Still ranks among the poorest state in the union. Why is the state still hemorrhaging money?

They make up for these relatively low sales taxes with quite high property taxes. So if you wish you had lower sales taxes, be careful what you wish for. :-)

Flojo good point on property taxes. Louisiana has a homestead exemption act.

Pets need food and cleaning up. Game consoles are like pet rocks. Clean and obedient.

Do you still need one? I can get one for you next time I spot one. Granted I'm not actively searching any more, but I did see one on a store shelf this week.

• Like 1

Wow

6% here in the People's Republic of Maryland

We have excellent libraries, roads, police and fire services and I don't mind paying taxes.

They make up for these relatively low sales taxes with quite high property taxes. So if you wish you had lower sales taxes, be careful what you wish for. :-)

And here due to a federally illegal busing scam for the kids we end up being ripped off double only in this county as they charge Louisville tax and Jefferson Co tax which are the same area. They keep the added tax around to pay for the school busing scam they run. Because they didn't want to accept responsibility in the county for some schools failing and others not, nor did they want to take money from other programs, what they did was start busing kids not to their local school but to various other areas in the county. Often it leaves many kids on the bus 2+hours a day each direction. The public explanation was basically (since they have no chance to get voted out so they're honest) to cause people with better standards of living/money to be forced to go to the poor schools hoping the people would inject their personal funding above taxation to get the supplies/funding the places needed. It backfired, private school attendance in the area has skyrocketed. The money isn't going in and more is going out due to buses running 4+hours a day through far more tires, oil, filters, gas, and an uptick in bus accidents too. Politicians will always find some way if not state wide or federally to locally screw you for their own personal agenda.

Politicians will always find some way if not state wide or federally to locally screw you for their own personal agenda.

I'd say it's those who hold real power who find the ways to screw you. The wealthy parents who choose public schools, possibly while ducking their fair share of taxes, carry a share of blame here. Politicians just work within the system and rules they've got. Everyone works in their own interest, after all. I wouldn't want to send my kid to a failing school, either. Sigh.

We should steer away from politics, it never goes well in this forum, even if local issues are a bit less inflammable than national politics. :-)

I can't imagine spending that much time on a bus as a kid. What a great way to teach them to be helpless and obese. At least it's a lot of time for homework, reading, video games?

I cannot think of a single mention of the issue of taxation for public education in any Super Nintendo game, ever!!

I'm not sure what a "fair share" is, but there was a funny story that NJ had lost hundreds in millions in revenue because this ONE GUY left to Florida.. and then Florida didn't get the revenue because FL doesn't collect the tax! :lol:

But yeah at the end of the day you can move.. That's why many who live in NY, New Jersey, or California often do.. for tax reasons e.g. Vermont's is almost 9%.. so why not move across the border to New Hampshire where it's only 5% tax? You live in Illinois with 3.75% state income tax? Then move to Texas where there's no income tax! It's the good old inversion..a tax-motivated decision to change your status. Corporations do it by leaving the US and going to other countries. States deal with it by individual residents moving out of them... and why not. :)

Anyway.. back to SNES Classic. Hey, they're available! Although you can't just "walk into the store".. you have to be vigilant. I think most people including the Target Employee mentioned earlier, who wanted one, have got one by this point. Now they're just filling in the edges of demand.
Also on that note.. Would you agree that it's safe to say that the Switch has now officially moved into the "Just walk into the store and see them" territory? They're everywhere these days. :) e.g. here's Walmart last night. Although if you're in the market for one for Christmas, I'd hustle and get it asap.

post-31-0-46570400-1510764322_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146

I saw one at Walmart the other day. The box is smaller looking in person. My wife tried to talk me into buying it but I explained that we own the real deal and all the games she likes. Her rebuttal was that it was cute but that only makes sense to me in a pet shop.

The console is shockingly small when you pull it out of the box. It makes the 2600 flashback look huge. :)

• Like 1

I was able to pick up one of these about a week ago at a rural area wal-mart. Anyway, it is tiny, but crazy easy to hack to get more games added to it. I also don't understand the hate with the controller cords? It looks to me like the controller cords on the SNES classic are longer than the ones that came with the NES classic? I would say the controller cable is at least 4ft long? I've got lots of other controllers with that same cable length from bitd so...?

But I do like it being so small as it really takes up virtually no space. And I was able to test it and indeed was able to power it from the side USB on my TV. Played for several hours without any issue. Not sure that the current from the USB on the TV is really strong enough but it does work at least.

There was only one and I was hoping that the person who would buy it would be someone who has been hunting for one. I didn't want to take away the joy of the hunt for that person. I could put a smile on your face by sending you a mounted deer head but I could put a bigger smile on someone else's face by releasing an entire deer.

I was able to pick up one of these about a week ago at a rural area wal-mart. Anyway, it is tiny, but crazy easy to hack to get more games added to it. I also don't understand the hate with the controller cords? It looks to me like the controller cords on the SNES classic are longer than the ones that came with the NES classic? I would say the controller cable is at least 4ft long? I've got lots of other controllers with that same cable length from bitd so...?

But I do like it being so small as it really takes up virtually no space. And I was able to test it and indeed was able to power it from the side USB on my TV. Played for several hours without any issue. Not sure that the current from the USB on the TV is really strong enough but it does work at least.

NES was 2.5ft and they doubled it for the SNES, yet the original cord I think was like 9ft so it's still short for those with their hands on an original so it still catches flack. The way my room is laid out it's like 6inches too short so I just attached the NES extension cable I already had and it was fine. I do like the size of the little systems too but they really should have supplied at least a 6ft cord on both models if not original length.

Well that's a good way to do it, blame them, they made it. For quite a few months when the NES was gone after the console so called expiration date bestbuy (insignia brand) and a few others started to peddle their formerly $10 extension cords for around $1-2 to get rid of them. I snapped up a second one at that point and i hope others got in on that too as they due to branding alone got hugely price cut but work with anything with a Wii jack just nicely.

I still don't see why the hate on the controller cords. How long are CX40 controller cords? I think about the same length? I know my TAC2 controller are the same length. CX52 controllers... also only like 4ft right? So...again we should all be used to dealing with short controller cords here. I realize the original NES and SNES controllers had very long cables, but then I'm pretending they scaled down the cords to coincide with the scaling down of the console. LOL