Photo

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

1043 replies to this topic

#1026 NE146 OFFLINE  

NE146

Dumbass Atari Fan

• 15,130 posts

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 PM

You guys are being way too nice. If you can't finish the first level of Starfox you need to turn in your gamer card and go focus on Candy Crush for your gaming needs! :lol: 

#1027 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 16,125 posts

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:39 PM

You guys are being way too nice. If you can't finish the first level of Starfox you need to turn in your gamer card and go focus on Candy Crush for your gaming needs! :lol:

I'll put it on my to-do list. I generally suck at flight sims anyway.

Edit: posted some additional info in the wrong topic. Fixed.

#1028 paulsjv OFFLINE  

paulsjv

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 AM

I was searching for a Super NES mini online but everything was sold out.  Someone on this thread mentioned they went to BestBuy and picked one up a couple days ago.  So I got into my car to go check out BB to see if they had any.  I walked around and didn't see any.  I thought they were out but, I decided to walk around once more looking at the top where they had to get the ladder to get some of the more expensive consoles.  Guess what?  BB had about 10 of the SNES minis hidden away up there.  If anyone is looking for one highly recommend going to your local BB and searching around.  They say they don't have any in stock but their website is wrong and the employees there don't know why it's incorrect.

#1029 Trinity OFFLINE  

Trinity

Stargunner

• 1,762 posts

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:55 AM

I was searching for a Super NES mini online but everything was sold out.  Someone on this thread mentioned they went to BestBuy and picked one up a couple days ago.  So I got into my car to go check out BB to see if they had any.  I walked around and didn't see any.  I thought they were out but, I decided to walk around once more looking at the top where they had to get the ladder to get some of the more expensive consoles.  Guess what?  BB had about 10 of the SNES minis hidden away up there.  If anyone is looking for one highly recommend going to your local BB and searching around.  They say they don't have any in stock but their website is wrong and the employees there don't know why it's incorrect.

I will try again next sat. Now that I've tried 3 times, The game guys turn and walk away before I can ask... :lolblue:  :sad:

#1030 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 3,537 posts

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:13 AM

If the game guys are refusing to do as they're paid to, get a manager.  Their job is to field questions, even if they're repetitive annoying ones they hear every day and are fed up with.  Doing their job properly would also mean they'd best know their inventory, especially if it's not hiding in back but is in the general area or on a high shelf on the floor their little rolling ladder can reach or a key with the grates up by the front too.  If you find a situation where they refuse and you find it, in store, on a mobile, call corporate and lodge a complaint about rudeness, gross negligence, incompetence, laziness, the works.  If they're going to be jerk offs, show them what it gets in return.

I know this works, at least at the local level.  Last year I had a 6+mo issue going with brakes/rotors on my Ford Edge.  The local dealer kept lying, being lazy, run around, and just being dicks about it even mocking my wife like she was an idiot trying to trick her into buying more service for a misaligned wheel while the dumb prick in front of here grabbed the wheel and shook it.  I got really pissed off and went in there giving them once last chance and they played dumb.  I decided to get nasty and vindictive so I used my google ticks I picked up from my current job and was able to find out who the local dealership company owner is.  From there I got a name, an address, and also an unlisted phone number.  I had my wife call them as I sat by.  I had her spill all the basic details and the secretary was stunned, asked her to repeat a bit as she got out a notepad and started writing.  The boss man walks in during this point, and I had got involved on the call and explained what was going on and he was floored.  The dude got aurally pissed off.  He apologized, said he would go right over there immediately, and to give him 45min or so and he'll call back.  In that time he went over to the shop, had them pull the entire records system and ran it against what I said was in there and what they did without taking notes too.  He stopped the shop cold, blasted the crap out of anyone involved and the floor in general for acting that way and put them all on threat. When I got called back I was made aware of it and his convo with the techs.  He kept repeatedly apologizing and made big amends.  The entire setup with the wheel was and should have been easily figured out as it's a standard joint in there that was causing the problem, so because one was wrong, they ate the hundreds on the part and did the right one as well to keep the pair new installs.  Also re-aligned, 4 new rotors, 4 new brakes, etc all free of charge.  When something slipped with a line sensor a week or so later into the engine for oil semi-related to the tasks, again free.  At this rate when I go in there they're kind of scared I'll get angry again.  Don't let local stooge bosses mess with you.  Screw with the bull, get the horns.

Edited by Tanooki, Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 AM.

#1031 paulsjv OFFLINE  

paulsjv

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 AM

I will try again next sat. Now that I've tried 3 times, The game guys turn and walk away before I can ask... :lolblue:  :sad:

Good luck!  Let me know if you find one!  They are awesome BTW.  My 11yo daughter have enjoyed it a TON in the little time we have had it.

#1032 Trinity OFFLINE  

Trinity

Stargunner

• 1,762 posts

Posted Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:32 AM

Tried again today. No joy. But about 6 switch's....

Edited by Trinity, Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:42 AM.

#1033 KeeperofLindblum OFFLINE  

KeeperofLindblum

Dragonstomper

• 548 posts
  • The Real Keeper

Posted Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 PM

Spotted one here in Oklahoma. If someone can respond in the next 15 minutes or so I'll pick it up for them.

#1034 Zonie OFFLINE  

Zonie

Stargunner

• 1,825 posts

Posted Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:23 PM

Did I respond in time? Probably not.

#1035 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 16,125 posts

Posted Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:24 PM

No minis at Walmart tonight. Tons of Switches.

#1036 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 10,967 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:33 PM

I haven't seen a Mini at Target at all ... these really should be available by now so I'm glad I snagged mine at the big Nintendo store.

Now that I have a Super NT I need to figure out how the mini fits into my world. The save states are nice ...

#1037 Trinity OFFLINE  

Trinity

Stargunner

• 1,762 posts

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 AM

Good luck!  Let me know if you find one!  They are awesome BTW.  My 11yo daughter have enjoyed it a TON in the little time we have had it.

Oh, I have one already. But I want another one just to keep mint in box. And another one or two,,, just because I like the things so much. :)

#1038 KeeperofLindblum OFFLINE  

KeeperofLindblum

Dragonstomper

• 548 posts
  • The Real Keeper

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:08 AM

Did I respond in time? Probably not.

Yeah I wasn't trying to be crappy about it or nothing. I just thought people were watching this thread and might respond in time. I was actually there another 30 minutes and still would have been happy to grab it. 

I can always check back in a few days and see if it is still there. I know that Wal-Mart pretty well and they aren't a huge gamer outlet (IE not selling a lot of games in general). 

#1039 Zonie OFFLINE  

Zonie

Stargunner

• 1,825 posts

Posted Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:32 PM

No worries, It's not like I camp on this site. If you did buy one, I'd be willing to buy it from you.

#1040 0078265317 OFFLINE  

Quadrunner

• 5,497 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:58 PM

https://www.walmart....ition/857115340

#1041 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 10,967 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Yesterday, 7:14 PM

thirty bucks for slow shipping ... what a deal  :mad:

30 dollar slow shipping.PNG

#1042 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 16,125 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:50 PM

thirty bucks for slow shipping ... what a deal  :mad:

attachicon.gif30 dollar slow shipping.PNG

Third party reseller. Not actually sold by Walmart.

#1043 0078265317 OFFLINE  

Quadrunner

• 5,497 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:02 PM

Third party reseller. Not actually sold by Walmart.

Yes but still cheaper than ebay.

Or there is a 113 and free shipping.

https://www.walmart....ition/140201529

Edited by 0078265317, Yesterday, 11:06 PM.

#1044 0078265317 OFFLINE  

Quadrunner

• 5,497 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:14 PM

Never mind. Found a cheap listing. Free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com...X0AAOSw1oNajQpY

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users