IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

Seems like there are articles popping up now treating this as fact instead of speculation...They are already skipping the "If", and jumping right into the "When" Nintendo produces the SNES Mini.

For some reason I'm pretty sure they're going to make one too. But at this point in the game, if I were writing an article, I'd start with "If the rumors are true..."

• Like 1

Honestly I'm already preparing for annoyance, disappointment, and scalpers this last year. You'll see an upsurge in emulators and raspberry pi sales. Amazon not clamping down on the obvious scalpers is why i've stopped buying so much directly from them.

Edited by wesr

I love the SNES, far more than the NES. I have been musing lately that the 16-bit generation was probably the best gaming will have ever had. The games were just legion, and awesome for the most part if you were careful and choosy.

I have a working SNES, but I would get one of these HDMI units in a heartbeat. I'd mostly be playing Mario Kart, Super Punch Out!, Starfox, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, Mortal Kombat II, Justice League Task Force, and Rock n Roll Racing.

• Like 2

I love the SNES, far more than the NES. I have been musing lately that the 16-bit generation was probably the best gaming will have ever had. The games were just legion, and awesome for the most part if you were careful and choosy.

Quite right. That's why no matter how many SNES Mini units Nintendo produces, there's no way they'll satisfy the demand, especially with scalpers going totally rabid on it. So if this thing actually makes it to store shelves next fall/winter, I'll just watch the show from the sidelines with a bag of pop-corn. There's absolutely no way I'm going to hunt for a SNES Mini, either in retail stores or online.

• Like 1

Or maybe Nintendo will have learned from their mistakes!

Maybe they will begin to take their own audience seriously and realize in business that it's a good thing when you have a crowd of people waiting in giant lines and chanting "Shut up and take my money!"...

Maybe by way of apology they will produce more than enough SNES Minis to go around and in some ways they can stop competing with their own ghost, because like Fender guitar amps, and I don't know, old Ford Mustangs...There will always be well made originals out there and people will always respond with loving nostalgia toward them...

And maybe...OK I can't keep a straight face any longer.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way Nintendo behaves, if you want a SNES Mini you better be getting in line NOW!

• Like 1

Or maybe Nintendo will have learned from their mistakes!

They haven't by now why would they start any time soon. They promised switch would be plenty of supply also. But still sold out every where. And the last article said super mini will be even more rare that the nes classic. If there is preorder I will definitely order one. If not I will try the line thing. Other wise after day one it will be impossible this time also just like nes classic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

"There are two possibilities here. The first possibility is that Microsoft is simply aware of all of the "buzz" surrounding a potential SNES Classic Edition, and it's capitalizing on that buzz by quizzing consumers about their hype. The second possibility is that Microsoft already knows what's going down at E3, "

Okay, which is more likely: that Microsoft is doing whatever it can to attract attention to itself, and is not above using moderately-plausible rumors in order to do so... or that Nintendo decided to give one of their biggest competitors key strategic information just for the heck of it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I highly doubt this is being developed.

I've been maintaining that since they discontinued the NES Mini. With that said, they were able to announce and release the NES Mini in a super short amount of time, so we won't know for several more months if a SNES Mini really won't happen or not (although again, I believe that it won't).

Yeah it's call the iQue. It's basically a closed N64 without carts. You have a plug and play device that ramps right into the TV with a N64/Dreamcast like mashup style frame controller. You have a N64 like cart, but it's basically like an everdrive of sorts with a proprietary slot and in there a memory card (64MB) goes into it and whatever game you flashed to it will just play off of there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player

Had around a dozen or so games, all 1st party published if not also developed too. The one perk of the system other than being as it was designed (might be a pain getting games on one now though) was that you had the most final revisions ever of any title at the time as all the bugfixes got applied to those.

I'm gonna let y'all finish, but Ataribox is much better.

Having said that, do you guys think this will be as sought after? I mean given the ire that Nintendo created with NES mini, I feel people are going to not seek this out as much. Also is the SNES as iconic as the NES? It has a lot of fun games I loved the Donkey Kong series, but I feel like he hype won't be there. Thought? Opinions? Outlandish statements?

Edited by bpatte02