32 replies to this topic

#26 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,473 posts
  • Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 AM

Space Invaders.

A friend of mine helped me finding the right channel on a bulky old black & white television.

We heard the Tsjomp Tsjomp from the invaders first before we got the picture.

Never forget that moment.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter, Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 AM.

#27 RiderofOstriches OFFLINE  

RiderofOstriches

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:16 PM

I am a pretty new collector. My first games that I picked up were Joust and Combat, I got them knowing I would eventually have a system and wanted a small library of cartriges to play as soon as I got it.

#28 the_wizard_666 ONLINE  

the_wizard_666

Star Raider

• 96 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:58 PM

I got a pile of 2600 games in a lot at a garage sale in the late '90s...around 25 or so.  I don't remember specifics about what was there...I mean, there was the obvious Pac-Man, Combat, etc., but the only one I remember firing up (once I got the system to work...there were issues) was Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, so I'm gonna call that my first 2600 game.  And it definitely left me with a good impression of what the system would have to offer.  Now I just need to work on actually playing more of the ~250-300 games I've acquired since then.  I've maybe played 50 of them, and that's being generous :P

#29 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,895 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:41 AM

Combat!

#30 MissCommand OFFLINE  

MissCommand

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:11 AM

Combat came with my first system, and Pac-Man with my second. Can't express how disappointed I was with Pac-Man... at the very least that could have had a similar maze and the correct colors. Ugh. The new Homebrew 8K Pac-Man is absolutely fantastic... it is the definitive version.

Two favorites that I played the heck out off were Adventure and later Enduro.  :)

#31 GeekDragon OFFLINE  

GeekDragon

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts
  • Just call me Geek!

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 PM

I finally got combat last year.  When we got the Gemini system, it came pack with 2 games, Mouse Trap and Donkey Kong(both games came with a sticker on the back that reads "Bonus cartridge included with Gemini purchase.  Non-refundable.  I consider this a variation for these games with I haven't seen on any sites.)  Those may have been my next 2 games.  Then the flood gates were iopened.

#32 Cafeman OFFLINE  

Cafeman

Quadrunner

• 6,239 posts

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:43 PM

I got mine in summer 82, and I think my first games were Combat and Haunted House and Pac-man. Probably didn't get any more until fall.

#33 Atarikid96 OFFLINE  

Atarikid96

Star Raider

• 87 posts
  • Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

Beat em and Eat em. I was 6.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users