Falcon 030 Upgrades and Mods

28 replies to this topic

#26 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,114 posts

Posted Thu May 11, 2017 11:42 AM

The NetUSBee and UIPv43 combo has got to be the easiest way to get files to the Falcon.

If you do not know this already, The NetUSBee plugs into the cartridge port of the Falcon/ST and you connect it to your home router with an RJ45 patch cable like you would any PC. Then, you run UIPV43.PRG on the Falcon/ST and it grabs a local IP address from your router's DHCP and displays this Address on the Screen.  On your "Atari Companion" PC, you put that IP in a browser window and you get a file transfer utility window and it is drag and drop from there.

Other that putting UIPV43.PRG on a disk (or CF/SD) to get it to the Falcon/ST in the first place, you need no disks, no CF/SD cards, just plain file transfer using TCIP across the network.

Sorry if you all knew this already. I am just excited at how easy this solution is.

#27 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,114 posts

Posted Mon May 22, 2017 9:57 AM

Received and installed the FPU and Floppy.

I may make one more upgrade and wanted anyone thoughts about the Atari Ajax Floppy Disk Controller. A Direct Replacement for the WD1772.

#28 uji OFFLINE  

uji

Space Invader

• 37 posts

Posted Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:55 AM

The NetUSBee and UIPv43 combo has got to be the easiest way to get files to the Falcon.

If you do not know this already, The NetUSBee plugs into the cartridge port of the Falcon/ST and you connect it to your home router with an RJ45 patch cable like you would any PC. Then, you run UIPV43.PRG on the Falcon/ST and it grabs a local IP address from your router's DHCP and displays this Address on the Screen.  On your "Atari Companion" PC, you put that IP in a browser window and you get a file transfer utility window and it is drag and drop from there.

Other that putting UIPV43.PRG on a disk (or CF/SD) to get it to the Falcon/ST in the first place, you need no disks, no CF/SD cards, just plain file transfer using TCIP across the network.

Sorry if you all knew this already. I am just excited at how easy this solution is.

Just so you know, there are some issues with the uiptool. It has trouble with file sizes larger than 3mb causing corruption in data transfer and it cannot copy empty folders which causes issues when copying Mint OS installs. My solution for the empty folder issue was to make sure I transferred files zipped, then unpacking on the Falcon.

Edited by uji, Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:56 AM.

#29 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,114 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:24 PM

Just so you know, there are some issues with the uiptool. It has trouble with file sizes larger than 3mb causing corruption in data transfer and it cannot copy empty folders which causes issues when copying Mint OS installs. My solution for the empty folder issue was to make sure I transferred files zipped, then unpacking on the Falcon.

Thanks for the info.  It will come in handy.  I have not run across any of those issues yet.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users