IGNORED

FREE: Texas Instruments Omni 800 Model 840 printer in Marketplace

Mitkraft

UPDATE:

I check the printer out in order to see about testing it and get some more pictures of the connection. I opened up the top panel and found that apparently there were several places where originally some foam pieces were attached to the inside of the printer and on the underside of the lid. All of the foam looks like its dried and crumbling. Some pieces have come detached. Because of this I'm not even going to attempt to power it on or test it. For those interested please let me know if you still are. Be sure and check out the details and pictures in the thread above as well as these additional ones:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

that be a rs232 serial interface and the foam is sound deadening (wishful thinking)

Edited by arcadeshopper

Greg you are the man, much appreciated!

Right now I have a lantronix hooked up to my rs232, but I think the serial connection has two ports. Do I need one of those Y splitters then for my rs232 card?

yep splitter gets you two useable ports rs232/1 and /2 the pinouts are in the manual if you want to make your own, or i sell a premade ti cable on my site

also the buffer won't work with rs232 just pio

Nobody ever replied to my question in the previous post. I was trying to find out if me plugging it in was preferred by potential buyers. Please read all the info. I posted with the pics and let me know. Power on test is the most I'm willing to do.

Nobody ever replied to my question in the previous post. I was trying to find out if me plugging it in was preferred by potential buyers. Please read all the info. I posted with the pics and let me know. Power on test is the most I'm willing to do.

I would plug it in to let people know if it was operational, take it outside with an extension cord, just in case it let's out it magic smoke, that lets it run :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Bump - There were several "I would have taken its" so one of you should take it!

Btw, a new member posted on the market place thread for this printer and said his name is actually one of the names on the printout. Small world! He posted some interesting info do, check it out:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258885-free-texas-instruments-omni-800-model-840-printer/