IGNORED

Weird Stella on Mac problem with assembled code

polyex

Having a little trouble with my assembled code on the mac (Mac OS X 10.11.6)

If I download a binary rom file and double click it from finder, the bin extension is associated with Stella.app and Stella starts up with that particular binary file, exactly as you would expect it to do.

If I assemble something (with DASM) and double click on the binary , Stella opens, but it does not run the rom file and is at the rom select screen with the default rom directory, as if I started it with no arguments.

I have downloaded example programs from here, ones that include the source and a binary. The binary runs as soon as I double click it, but when I assemble the same code the resulting binary does not automatically run when double clicked.

My assembled code will run if I go through the menus within stella, selecting the directory and the file.

I suspect Gatekeeper (which I turned off to no avail). Anyone else run into this? Why just MY assembled code won't run?

I've never tried launch Stella that way as whenever I double click a BIN it gets compressed as a CPGZ file.

I use jEdit on my Mac Pro when I'm writing my 2600 games. I have it set up so clicking one button will compile, while clicking another button will launch the ROM in Stella.

From the terminal, if I pass the entire path of stella and the binary as an argument it will work:

/Applications/Stella.app/Contents/MacOS/Stella kernel1.bin

But this still does not explain why I can click some roms from the Finder and not ones I assemble.