Photo

MSX vs Atari 800 Vs ZX spectrum/BBC nicro

104 replies to this topic

#101 Jackel192 OFFLINE  

Jackel192

Star Raider

• 94 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 PM

okay, so i've tried to program in 68k, machine language ,Commodore BASIC, short for "Begin again until you snap and end p in Intensive care", Atari basic, Sinclair basic (best i've programmed in so far) a new version for genesis development called Second Basic, Bloodshed Dev C++ (which is a piece of $h!t) python, a bit of javascript and Basiegaxorz (official name, piece of shit software, everything, EVERYTHING, is static, non flexible and hard to get working)

#102 sanny OFFLINE  

sanny

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 PM

okay, so i've tried to program in 68k, machine language ,Commodore BASIC, short for "Begin again until you snap and end p in Intensive care", Atari basic, Sinclair basic (best i've programmed in so far) a new version for genesis development called Second Basic, Bloodshed Dev C++ (which is a piece of $h!t) python, a bit of javascript and Basiegaxorz (official name, piece of shit software, everything, EVERYTHING, is static, non flexible and hard to get working)

What do you want to tell us?

Can you present any results?

#103 carlsson ONLINE  

carlsson

River Patroller

• 4,676 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:27 AM

I thought Second Basic was the direct successor to Basiegaxorz.

I'll agree that Sinclair Basic has a few pros (but plenty of cons too) versus various Microsoft Basic dialects. Good that you liked it. I've released three crap games for the Speccy this year, although the last one hasn't been posted online yet.

#104 Heaven/TQA OFFLINE  

Heaven/TQA

Quadrunner

• 10,306 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 AM

I agree. Almost all computers up to the 1990s came with BASIC by default, which really encouraged you to do something with the computer. I mean, I totally understand why a de facto programming environment was pulled from computing environments once they well and truly went mainstream, but there was definitely a little something lost when the switch was made. Of course, with that said, despite having to put in a little effort with finding and installing, the array of free or low cost programming languages, programming environments, and guided design software is truly staggering. Despite none of those being included by default with a new computing device, the possibilities and power are far greater than was ever present in good old BASIC, more akin to the Assembly/Machine Language that was more out of reach for the average person in BASIC's personal computing heyday.

True but qbasic on dos et al was always there?

#105 Jackel192 OFFLINE  

Jackel192

Star Raider

• 94 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:22 PM

I am sticking to Sinclair Basic for now. I have a workshop to teach on October 2nd but my teacher has the java security to too freaking high for me to do anything. and the one sprectrum emulator I want to do (qaop) has no sound support for windows 7

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users