IGNORED

Wanted: Tandy Color Computer 3

Tempest

Funny, I was thinking the same thing today ;) Even if you find one without the 512MB upgrade, the upgrade is cheap and really really easy to install. First thing I did was play Donkey Kong...then not much else :) Still, it is the best DK port for anything IMHO. I wouldn't mind having that computer again to putz around with. Good luck!

Yeah, chances are you're gonna get a stock 128K system and you'll have to upgrade it yourself--I doubt many owners of 512K systems are inclined to give them up these days, but you never know, I guess.

True enough, but it never hurts to ask.

Yeah, chances are you're gonna get a stock 128K system and you'll have to upgrade it yourself--I doubt many owners of 512K systems are inclined to give them up these days, but you never know, I guess.

Yea it's a "pry it from my cold dead hands" type of scenario with these things. I'm not sure if Cloud-9 has any 128k units for sale or not but I would recommend Tempest contact Mark Marlette via his site. He has the 512k upgrades so it might be cheaper to get the 128k unit and upgrade it yourself. I've seen 512K units sell for $300+ on ebay in the last year IIRC.

Yea it's a "pry it from my cold dead hands" type of scenario with these things. I'm not sure if Cloud-9 has any 128k units for sale or not but I would recommend Tempest contact Mark Marlette via his site. He has the 512k upgrades so it might be cheaper to get the 128k unit and upgrade it yourself. I've seen 512K units sell for $300+ on ebay in the last year IIRC.

Yeah on his site it says 'contact us' so I'm not sure what he's asking.

Wow, vintage computer times have changed...$300 Coco3's? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone ;)

That was almost a year ago, prices may have come down since then, I don't know, 512k units don't pop up on ebay a lot and I believe the one I referenced did have the box but I'm fuzzy on that. Still even 128K Coco 3's will sell for anywhere between $150 and $200 which is why I think Tempest is better off trying to get a good working 128K model and ordering a Triad 512K upgrade from Cloud 9.

But yes prices have gone up dramatically for the coco in the last two or three years.

Tempest - try the Coco facebook page and ask if anyone has one for sale there.

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what I did. Mark contacted me and the cost of the 512k Triad was $60 shipped to me. I just received a boxed mint Coco3 for $120 shipped to me. Now it is a 512k mint Coco3 :) Total cost was $180. I think that is the cheapest you'll spend for this today to be honest....if you get lucky. I am quite a condition whore and it took some time to hunt down a perfect undamaged like new condition unit and the seller was initially asking $190. Even that would have been a fair deal but I took my luck and offered $120...and he thankfully accepted.

Keep trying and don't settle is my best advice. You'll find it eventually.