IGNORED

Does anyone not own Cybermorph?

madman

A few years ago, sometime in 2012 if I recall correctly, I purchased Cybermorph through an online retailer from Florida. It was supposed to be brand new in box. The payment arrived at their end, they shipped it....and somehow it got lost in the mail system. I waited and waited for it to arrive (perhaps too long), and after about 5 months of being patient, I emailed them to see what was up. Because I had sent the payment in the form of an eCheck or whatever it was, they could no longer work it back or whatever. Someplace out there, someone has my copy of Cybermorph new in box, lol. Maybe I dodged a bullet. Sure I lost a small amount of money (like 30 or 40 bucks), but maybe I am better off not having Cybermorph. If that game is anything as bad as White Men Can't Jump, I look at my lost money payment as money well spent. lol :-)

I've heard the 93 version didn't have Main screen music nor morphing intro.

Mine is from 93 and has music but has no intro. It was apparently bundled with the fench jag i bought.

So is it a mid-version? Lol

Edit: I think i used to have the full version too bundled with my childhood Jag.

Edited by DoTheMath

Oops i meant 94 and can't edit. Still, anybody got info on that? 1994 Cart with music. Is it rare?

I don't know but usually Cybermorph and rare do not go in the same sentence.

To find out put it on eBay with a BIN price of 100 and an opening auction bid of 50 and see how it goes.

EDIT: also make sure that you didn't turn off the music on your 1993 version via pressing 0 (or use *,# at the option screen to reset everything)

I had one game that I thought was broken because the music was turned off and that was saved in the EEPROM

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, but what Jag games HAVE stood the test of time? I mean, Iron Soldier still plays well to a certain extent, and I think Raiden is one of the more outstanding top-down shmups out there. But aside from those and Tempest, I have yet to play any Jaguar titles that keep me coming back for more. Of course, I've yet to play even half the games in my library, so maybe I'll find another to fall in love with.

Alien vs Predator, Power Drive Rally, Bubsy, I-War, Missile Command 3D...?

Alien vs Predator, Power Drive Rally, Bubsy, I-War, Missile Command 3D...?

I haven't found the older FPS games to have stood the test of time given how much the genre has advanced, though given I can't play most of the earlier ones (sets off my vertigo), I might be biased against the likes of AvP, Doom, and W3D. The other ones you named aren't really ones I've had an urge to revisit with any kind of regularity, though it's been a while since I ran through my Jag library completely, so maybe I should give them another chance (though I'm pretty firm on not being a huge fan of Bubsy on the Jag).

The Jag library (and retro gaming in general) has an opportunity cost. Its like reading pulp fiction ...why waste time with it when theres better stuff out there?

I dont mean to dump on Jaguar in particular but its super bizarre to me how people still carry a torch for it after all this time and participate in the Atari Jaguar forum.

Fixed :-D

The Jag library (and retro gaming in general) has an opportunity cost. Its like reading pulp fiction ...why waste time with it when theres better stuff out there?

I dont mean to dump on Jaguar in particular but its super bizarre to me how people still carry a torch for it after all this time.

If it wasn't a system I had played during it's short time in mags and at retail, I am sure I wouldn't be on board with collecting and breaking it out now to screw around with. It's slight obscurity, underdog status and few exclusives I have nostalgia for are some of the reasons I enjoy collecting for it. I'm glad there's an active community here to be a part of and these recent homebrews, ports and re-releases have been fun to acquire and mess with. That's about my reason, anyhow.. I think it'd be hard to get someone into this system who wasn't already into it.

• Like 1