IGNORED

Ninja Gaiden - Unbreakable Determination (Atari POKEY Cover) [NTSC]

Fragmare

Hey, everybody... relatively new here. I'm usually over on the PC-Engine forums drawing pixel art and making chiptunes. I started playing around with Raster Music Tracker a few days ago, and churned out my first POKEY chiptune. It's the track, Unbreakable Determination (4-2) from the legendary Ninja Gaiden NES soundtrack. Hope you all like it. XEX File attached. :)

http://youtu.be/wVEVDPps2hE

Unbreakable_Determination_POKEY01f.xex

Edited by Fragmare
  • Like 12

Nice job.

I always liked The Advantage's renditions of NES music.

Here's Ninja Gaiden - Unbreakable Determination from their debut album "The Advantage", which covers a lot of NES music ground and is definitely recommended listening.

I also recommend their second studio album "Elf Titled". It gets a little drum-heavy on some of the cuts (compared to their debut album), but there's plenty of good guitar playing to make up for it.

Their live stuff is probably good as well, but I just never took the time to listen to much of it.

One thing I like about their approach is that it's refreshing to hear these tunes done without so much of a heavy metal sound that's typically found by other similar groups. The "Minibosses" were one such example of using the heavy metal style for it. Pretty well done by them overall, but too heavy guitar laden for my taste on chip music.

Edited by MrFish