IGNORED

What upgrades does this Mega ST2 have?

I have this Mega ST2 that I bought ages ago(non working) . I got it working after finding some things disconnected inside.

It works great with some floppies with low and med resolution.

However I want to know what I have. It has Rainbow TOS 1.4. Am I good with this or is an upgraded needed?

Also it has some mods inside. See pics. Video shifter and Xtra Ram. Do I have 2mb or 4mb? Blitter? Does this make it like an STE

What is the tiny little toggle switch? Doesnt seem to do anything.

What do I do with the green ground wire thats not connected to anything

Thanks.

post-5821-0-08506500-1493568310_thumb.jpg

I have this Mega ST2 that I bought ages ago(non working) . I got it working after finding some things disconnected inside.

It works great with some floppies with low and med resolution.

However I want to know what I have. It has Rainbow TOS 1.4. Am I good with this or is an upgraded needed?

Also it has some mods inside. See pics. Video shifter and Xtra Ram. Do I have 2mb or 4mb? Blitter? Does this make it like an STE

What is the tiny little toggle switch? Doesnt seem to do anything.

What do I do with the green ground wire thats not connected to anything

Thanks.

It's a Marpet X-tra ram it looks like. Additional 2 megs, and it is working you should have 4mb total. Blitter can't be seen in your pic. It's located under the top part of the xtra ram, if there is an empty socket there, or no socket at all no blitter. Look at this image: http://www.atari-computermuseum.de/pics/systeme/st/c100501-001-10.JPG

The tiny toggle switch is likely attached to your JATO board (google it) on top of the CPU, it's a simple 16MHz speeder that in all honestly doesn't do much since it lacks a cache. (maybe at best on average 30% increase in speed).

I can't really make out where the green cable go so I have no idea what it is.