I annunced the released RespeQt r4 version on the atari.org.pl forum and already got some feedback.
For example all the debug logs contain escape characters for languages with special characters.
This is not a new issue:
Luckily Greblus pointed out the solution:
Another reported issue was related to SIO2PC/RI cable, similar to:
I will try to resolve it and report here the results.
But I wondered generally about how are we going to proceed.
Right now there are two branches and the developer branch is ahead with several commits.
Are we going to release something like r4.1 only with bug fixes to reported issues (and integrate these bug fixes also into the development branch)?
Or we freeze r4 and develop towards r5?
I decided this was the model we will follow, for the moment (no one objected) in which 'critical' bugs get fixed in master, in this case, and then merged into develop. Now, RespeQt probably doesn't have to limit this to critical bugs, so for the moment, bugfixes get merged into master, and then into develop subsequently.
EDIT: actually I think this should be merged into the r4 branch. However, as I've already deleted the r4 branch, that'd require some work, so for the moment merging into master is fine. For the future, I'll wait to delete the release branch until the next release is considered stable.
Also, at some point I'd like to consider migrating to a new versioning scheme. The integer-release-number worked when it was just me working on this, and I did releases when I felt like I had something done. Clearly, that's not going to work as well here, but for the moment I suppose we will add a decimal place for bug fixes, that seems fine. Perhaps we can classify that as good enough, and consider it the new standard.
Edited by Joey Z, Thu May 4, 2017 8:15 PM.