TIPI - TI-99/4A to Raspberry PI interface development

782 replies to this topic

#776 wolhess OFFLINE  

wolhess

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:01 AM

Hmmm,

Just updated to 031 and was using DM2K with a Myarc HFDC and was not able to copy files from TIPI path to physical floppy.  I was using DM2K v2.6 03-05-2015.

Beery

Hi Beery,

I'm using a TI controller on CRU 1100 with the 80 track mod and the TIPI on CRU 1000.

Attached File  CRU.JPG   42.35KB   3 downloads

I tested Format the physical Drive DSK2.

Attached File  Format.JPG   40.8KB   3 downloads

and I tested copy from the mapped tipi device DSK1.=TIPI.XB.STRATEGO to DSK2.

Attached File  Copy.JPG   49.65KB   2 downloads

in my system all this works fine.

#777 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 841 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:23 PM

OK, I saw what part of my issue was.  I had the CRU for the TIPI above the HFDC, rather than at >1000 because previously I had the Myarc 512K card in the system.  It is not in the system now.

With the Myarc HFDC in the system, I tried with and without DSKx device mappings, with and without Auto Mapping, and TI/Myarc WDS settings.  Trying to copy DSK1 attempted to go to WDS1.DSK1. and could never get a copy to real DSK1.  Trying to copy to DSK2 (real) resulted in the drive light coming on, but an "Error 0:"

Separately, on an earlier attempt knowing I had three mapped DSKx. devices specified in the TIPI.CFG program, I attempted to copy files from DSK1. to DSK4. thinking/hoping the files would copy to the HFDC floppy drive 1.  Surprisingly, those files instead copy to the TIPI root path.

I do not know if there is something unique about the Myarc HFDC versus the TI controller, but I am not able to copy files as Matt indicated earlier.

For Matt's information, copying from DSK1 to DSK4 as noted above, I thought I recalled Matt adding the extra DSK4 mapping???  Maybe there is another CFG program I need to update to map it????

Beery

#778 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 3,550 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:47 PM

Does the CRU search >1F00 to >1000 or does it search from >1000 to >1F00?

#779 Lee Stewart OFFLINE  

Lee Stewart

River Patroller

• 3,947 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 PM

Does the CRU search >1F00 to >1000 or does it search from >1000 to >1F00?

The CRU does not search.  It is the DSRLNK routine that does this—and, it does it from >1000 to >1F00, usually.  But, you can write your own DSRLNK and do it however you like.

...lee

#780 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,890 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:42 PM

With TIPI, "DSK4." is always equivalent to "TIPI."  if found first in your system... 

DM2K ver 2.6 doesn't work for me the way Wolhess describes... I would NOT expect it to work for anyone...  None of the fixes I've released had anything to do with copying off of TIPI to other devices.

The tool I posted on the previous page allows you to be explicit about what CRUBASE and device name you are trying to manage files in. The DSRLNK I use in that tool does not search at all... 
A 'drives' command will list all DSR entries that look like drives grouped by crubase if you are not already fully aware of them.

There is code in there that may work with WDS_, IDE_, SCS_, TIPI, DSK_, HDX_, but I don't have any way to test anything but TIPI and DSK_.  

there is even a checksum command so you can verify after copying. 

-M@

#781 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,890 posts

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:18 AM

Super-Beta-Monkey-Team-Hyperforce-Go!

This attached software does not know anything about SCSI's or IDE's or WSD's or HRD's... it knows about TIPI, and DSK#.

It is a simplistic command line interface.

Type help to see a list of commands.
type help <command> to see arguments to command...

With this you can copy from DSK1 to DSK1 where they are 2 separate devices...

1000.DSK1. is different than 1100.DSK1.

When entering a folder path you can specify the leading crubase address to disambiguate. If not specified it will find the first device with the given name.

It does not support wildcarding, or copying multiple files at once, or scripting, or file redirection, or variables, or any of the things you might expect out of an MS-DOS like environment.
There is no concept of drive letters, or current directory on a different drive...

I will not be patching this code... it is where I was at back in December. It exists as the tipifm branch on github under the clients folder.

Instead I'm working from a different source base to build a richer cartridge based, implementation. However I've had to take several steps backwards there.

Anyway... It can copy to floppies. Or at least I recall it doing so last December.

attachicon.gifTIPIFM_1_2.zip

-M@

I was wrong when I said this software doesn't know about other device types. The code is there, I've just never tested it. (cannot test it)

-M@ 

#782 jrhodes OFFLINE  

jrhodes

Moonsweeper

• 286 posts

Posted Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:50 PM

If i attach a keyboard to the pi via usb, is there anyway to use it as input for the ti?

I am aware the ti already has external keyboard / keyboard replacement solutions, but i just wondered if a solution could be made that works through pi's usb via tipi.

Edited by jrhodes, Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:51 PM.

#783 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,286 posts

Posted Sun Mar 3, 2019 8:47 PM

If i attach a keyboard to the pi via usb, is there anyway to use it as input for the ti?

I am aware the ti already has external keyboard / keyboard replacement solutions, but i just wondered if a solution could be made that works through pi's usb via tipi.

not yet.. you haven't written the driver or assemblylanguage program on the ti to read it yet. let us know how that goes it's certianly possible, but it won't work AS the TI keyboard, just as A keyboard you read via the pipes 

Greg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users